No announcement yet.

Jean Pascal is a very live underdog against Chad Dawson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
    why wasn't pascal moved to the number 1 lhw after he beat dawson and got a draw against bernard?
    He was the Champion after he beat Dawson and remained so after the draw. Obviously he dropped down after Hopkins beat him and then didn't fight for a year and a half. His inactivity got him dropped from the Rings ratings. The Ring will drop a fighter if they don't fight in one years time.

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
      why wasn't pascal moved to the number 1 lhw after he beat dawson and got a draw against bernard?
      Because he was the champ instead

Comment

Chad looks done.

He was already on the decline before taking a severe weight drained beating in his last fight. He always had the skills and the heart, but lacked the mental side of things...in his last fight, his heart gave up.

Pascal will stop him in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
          Because he was outboxed their first fight, till the accidental head butt. Dawson has the skills to tear Pascal apart.
          I don't think u watched the first fight...

Comment

I find it hilarious how people seem to discard pascal's win over dawson...the fight wasn't close and pascal hurt dawson numerous times...dawson hurt him once and everybody claims he was about to knock pascal out because of that

now people are giving pascal a better chance because dawson is on the decline...I haven't been impressed with dawson since years and I was on that bandwagon after he upset adamek and beat johnson and tarver

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
              I find it hilarious how people seem to discard pascal's win over dawson...the fight wasn't close and pascal hurt dawson numerous times...dawson hurt him once and everybody claims he was about to knock pascal out because of that

now people are giving pascal a better chance because dawson is on the decline...I haven't been impressed with dawson since years and I was on that bandwagon after he upset adamek and beat johnson and tarver
              pascal never hurt dawson, dawson hurt pascal twice.

the fight was very close, pascal was only up by a few points and more importantly dawson had taken over the fight. pascal wasnt just hurt at the end he was gassing badly. im not sure if dawson would have knocked him out but he sure had a great chance, if not for a KO at least a strong finish that might put him ahead on the cards.

dawson is a better fighter than pascal, simple as that. the best fighter doesnt always win though. chad got a bit overconfident, went through a bunch of distractions in his personal life and didnt show up on the night. pascal on the other hand fought the fight of his life and beat someone he had no business beating, thats boxing.

still, to just barely edge him under those circumstances you have to give dawson a great chance of turning things around. he knows what he did wrong and he wants his revenge. i dont see how pascal can beat dawson on top of his game.

bad chad by late stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                pascal never hurt dawson, dawson hurt pascal twice.

the fight was very close, pascal was only up by a few points and more importantly dawson had taken over the fight. pascal wasnt just hurt at the end he was gassing badly. im not sure if dawson would have knocked him out but he sure had a great chance, if not for a KO at least a strong finish that might put him ahead on the cards.

dawson is a better fighter than pascal, simple as that. the best fighter doesnt always win though. chad got a bit overconfident, went through a bunch of distractions in his personal life and didnt show up on the night. pascal on the other hand fought the fight of his life and beat someone he had no business beating, thats boxing.

still, to just barely edge him under those circumstances you have to give dawson a great chance of turning things around. he knows what he did wrong and he wants his revenge. i dont see how pascal can beat dawson on top of his game.

bad chad by late stoppage.
                never hurt dawson? that's laughable...he was knocking dawson around the ring and dawson couldn't find his rhythm at all...dawson was down 3 pts on two judges scorecards and 6 points on one judge's card...that's not close at all

as far as I know he needed a knock out to win and I had pascal up more than 3 pts on my card

chad said himself he wasn't taking pascal for granted and why should he have? he wasn't a champion nor was he anywhere close to his hometown

anyone who felt pascal had no business beating dawson didn't know pascal...the guy used to be relentless and fought and humiliated diaconu with one arm...nothing in their fight or against similar opponents like diaconu gave me the impression dawson was better...he had more hype with him sure but better...no

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                  never hurt dawson? that's laughable...he was knocking dawson around the ring and dawson couldn't find his rhythm at all...dawson was down 3 pts on two judges scorecards and 6 points on one judge's card...that's not close at all

as far as I know he needed a knock out to win and I had pascal up more than 3 pts on my card

chad said himself he wasn't taking pascal for granted and why should he have? he wasn't a champion nor was he anywhere close to his hometown

anyone who felt pascal had no business beating dawson didn't know pascal...the guy used to be relentless and fought and humiliated diaconu with one arm...nothing in their fight or against similar opponents like diaconu gave me the impression dawson was better...he had more hype with him sure but better...no
                  What I find funny is Pascal seems to fight better with one arm than with two. In three fights he has injured himself. In all of those three fights, to me not only did he fight better, but also seemed more focused. It seems like he steps it up a notch when he fights injured. That takes talent.

Comment

Shouldn't Pascal be the favorite? He did handle Dawson pretty convincingly the first time.

Comment

Pascal wins this fight by KO Dawson is done IMO I didn't like what I saw when he fought Ward even though he came down in weight he just didn't really seem like he wanted to be in the ring

Comment

Working...
                      X