No announcement yet.

True or False? "There's nothing cool about taking punishment"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
    Competitive boxing is what most fans want to see. If your not getting hit then your not getting tested in the boxing ring.
    I guess Pernell Whitaker was a bum when he was in his prime.

Comment

I always thought Rocky was a bum who punched way too wide and got lucky against a past prime Apollo. Luckily for him he got trained by Apollo to some head and foot movement, jab and defense before his rematch with Clubber Lang, if he dint do that training camp he would got schooled again and forced to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Giovanni18 View Post
        The Romans didn't come to the coliseum to watch guys dodge tigers, they came to see them get eaten. Do you think it's cool (as a spectator, not for the boxer) to take damage?
        btw, those tigers thought theres nothing cool about taking punishment

Comment

Well, you run the risk of getting hit when you're a Boxer, it comes with the territory.

Is it cool to stand there and get hit? Of course not. But saying that it isn't cool to get hit sorta makes you seem like you don't want to get in there with dudes who WILL hit you.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
            I guess Pernell Whitaker was a bum when he was in his prime.
            No, I think Pernell Whitaker was good.

Try to find a fight of the year where boxers don't get hit much.

Comment

Nah its not cool if you're the fighter, Like Tyson said, how can he have his children look at him with dirty big gashes opened up over his eyes. Who wants their kids to see them with damage like Vargas got from the Mosley fight?

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
                Let's do it..We gonna go toe to toe, and i hope you get knockout first.
                I think that's the only manly way to settle who's more macho. Forget brains and intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Giovanni18 View Post
                  BS, it may sound harsh but of course it's cool to take damage and come back to win, what were the Rocky movies all about?? The Romans didn't come to the coliseum to watch guys dodge tigers, they came to see them get eaten. Do you think it's cool (as a spectator, not for the boxer) to take damage?
                  Well even in the Rocky movies..he started having brain damage after the Drago fight.....

Romans are a bunch of blood thirsty "as long as it ain't happening to me" group of suns-of beeziez....

And no...I don't think its cool as a spectator to see someone getting beatdown...

We are civilized now...and that's wht the ref is there for in combat sports.

Comment

its cool for the ppl watching, not for the fighters. all fighters goal should be to achieve as much as they can in the sport meanwhile taking as little damage as possible, anything else is plain stupid.

every single one going on about how fighters shouldnt care about their health and be willing to take unnecessary shots never set foot in a ring themselfs, i guarante it.

Comment

For the fighters it isn't cool. For us as fans, or at least for me, the more punishment taken, the better.

Comment

Working...
                      X