Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: McGregor Fight May Happen, I Can't Overlook Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
    McGreggor has a mean left hook, if he can train with freddie roach for a couple months, he could end up a polished boxer. Working on timing is key. McGreggor already has his footwork down, very quick in's and out, could give mayweather lots of problems
    ... no way: it's another sport... and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... no way: it's another sport... and you know it.
      Who's a more skilled boxer, Devon Alexander or Conor Mcgregor.... I really think you should be banned from watching boxing if you were to pick Alexander.

Sideshow fight. Would be much better if Conor had won his last fight. It's better than Floyd never fighting again. Why you guys act all outraged is beyond me XD

Comment

I think a big reason a lot of people don't want this fight is that if Floyd loses the sport's credibility will take a enormous hit.

Comment

Floyd chicken **** as usual.
          I fight MC G but it has to be a boxing match WTF.
          Get in the Octagon ***** or STFU.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            The fight will happen, its the biggest money maker in combat sports.

Dana White threw James Toney in with Randy Couture, why can't Conor McGregor be thrown in with Floyd Mayweather?

Let it happen I say.

This fight will sell 3 million ppv buys, a Pacquiao rematch will sell maybe 1.5 million buys, but the Conor McGregor fight is the only fight that can make Floyd the money he wants its a SPECTACLE and people love that stuff, I love it too, it sparks curiosity.

Floyd will give Conor will pocket at least 20 million plus.

Its the only Mayweather PPV besides a Pac rematch or a GGG fight I will order. The Berto fight was the first time I never ordered a Floyd ppv.

Same thing with Pacquiao Bradley 3 that was the first time I didnt order a Pac fight, I order pretty much all these guys fights.

Is it a credible win hell no, but its a big money fight, will it tarnish Floyds 50 and 0 credibility yes, if he beats an MMA fighter for it, people will chit on it, but Floyd doesn't care.

The only danger is if Conor knocks out Floyd, that will do more than Hurt Floyd, it will destroy boxing and MMA will prevail if that happens, so Boxing needs a Floyd win. Conor has some insane reach though and he is a hard puncher.

Another positive thing is if Floyd can get some MMA fighters to box on the card, like Nick or Nate Diaz make their pro boxing debuts or something.
            i totally agree with your post,
            i think mcgregor has genuine power but its another thing landing on mayweather

besides how can you knock floyd for this, its an easy payday and i mean theres too much money to be made lol

whether they like or dislike the match up, could you imagine all the boxing and mma fans that will tune in to watch it and add to that the casuals

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Respect to Floyd for steady talking about some **** everyone is saying is bs except him it seems. He's a marketing genius or a trolling genius or a lil of both idek at this point. The f#cked up thing is depending how this is angled if it were to take place, I could see it going so mainstream it'd break the Manny vs Floyd PPV record.

I feel like straight pro boxing wouldn't hold as much appeal nor would straight MMA, but maybe if they did a hybrid thing with MMA gloves, but boxing rules it'd get a ton of people interested.
              I can't see Mayweather agreeing to the bold.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
                Who's a more skilled boxer, Devon Alexander or Conor Mcgregor.... I really think you should be banned from watching boxing if you were to pick Alexander.

Sideshow fight. Would be much better if Conor had won his last fight. It's better than Floyd never fighting again. Why you guys act all outraged is beyond me XD
                I'd probably have picked Devon Alexander at some point but he hasn't looked like much lately. I'd pick Errol Spence to beat McGregor in a boxing match, for sure.

Comment

As a fan of both sports, i find the whole thing cringeworthy.

I still don't expect to see the fight. I think Mayweather is just playing the game..just how McGregor and Rousey having been doing the last few years.

If Mayweather talks about McGregor, it gets more attention than say..talking about Garcia.

I have zero interest in the fight, it a circus act to me. But if the fight did ever come about, i wouldn't blame either guy for taking it.
                  Mayweather makes a lot of money for an easy boxing match. McGregor makes a lot of money for fighting in what is really a no-lose situation.

I don't think it would do crazy numbers...but it wills sell well, as casuals of both sports would lap it up.

Buy yeah, i just think its free publicity for everyone involved.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                    I don't know about breaking the floyd vs manny ppv record.

Maybe if Conor was still undefeated and didn't lose to diaz.

It would still do numbers tho

Like imagine if floyd and conor had fought after conor had knockout aldo
                    Idk if that matters. Floyd wouldn't be a threat to choke out Conor like Nate did. This would be a freak show or a car accident if it happened. Everyone wants to go to the freak show or rubbernecks the car accident. I think the crossover appeal (probably even bring in some WWE fans for this one its such a nuts matchup) + mainstream attention at the freakshow/car accident appeal puts it at 3M buys minimum for sure. And if these guys talk like they can talk **** would go nuts. People are suckers for ****talking.

Still don't see it happening, cuz I think the whole premise is some thinking out loud or trolling by Floyd + its not so easy to do this from the beginning with the UFC needing to be onboard, but if it did happen it'd make crazy bank.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      I can't see Mayweather agreeing to the bold.
                      Don't disagree with you. I was just thinking out loud myself & dressing up the appeal of this scenario.

Comment

Working...
                      X