No announcement yet.

Connor McGregor is the ****

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
    I don't even like MMA but the guy is the truth!!

He is polarizing to watch.

http://gfycat.com/GoodPolishedEidolonhelvum

When he came out to confront Alpo, that dude looked SMALL compared to Connor. I don't think his supposed leg kicks are going to bother Connor one bit. I think the Irishman will destroy him.
    Size isn't an indicator of strength. Aldo is stronger and faster than Conor regardless.

Just look at the HW division... its being ruled by small hw's. Cain is the champ and he beat up brock who is as big as they come for that division. So considering Conor and Aldo will both weigh-in at 145, that size difference means nothing.

Comment

I love mcgregor and will be cheering for him but he is realy light on his feet and will get leg kicked and dropped several times. He could get hurt if his defense doesnt shape up

Comment

Conor McGreGOAT

Comment

Connor McGregor is the ****? What does this mean? Are you a ****sexual? He beat Siver who three years ago was a solid gatekeeper.. He's exciting as hell but his chin is in the air.. Aldo KO1 to hell

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
            Size isn't an indicator of strength. Aldo is stronger and faster than Conor regardless.

Just look at the HW division... its being ruled by small hw's. Cain is the champ and he beat up brock who is as big as they come for that division. So considering Conor and Aldo will both weigh-in at 145, that size difference means nothing.
            Cain is not small HW... He's 240 pounds. The division limit is 265.

Lol Lesnar was good wrestler, but there was simply no way he was going to come into MMA and with a few years practice, run ****e. THat's not a good analogy because once you get over 220 pounds or so, a 10-20 pound difference isn't going to make as much dfference than at lower weights.

Either way, I agree that Aldo should definitely be the favorite, and based on their resumes, Aldo should wn this. But one thing about MMA is it's way more unpredictable than boxing because of all the elements,and dynamics.

Comment

I knew who this guy was well before he fought in the UFC, and was quite excited by him.

So, it's a bit sad to see him become just another Zuffa hypejob.

He's a good fighter, but he is not ready for Aldo.

I thought he was trying to look flashy and not focusing on good sound technique in the fight. Almost trying to live up to his hype.

Another one bites the dust.

Aldo might seriously hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rostov Papa View Post
                Cain is not small HW... He's 240 pounds. The division limit is 265.

Lol Lesnar was good wrestler, but there was simply no way he was going to come into MMA and with a few years practice, run ****e. THat's not a good analogy because once you get over 220 pounds or so, a 10-20 pound difference isn't going to make as much dfference than at lower weights.

Either way, I agree that Aldo should definitely be the favorite, and based on their resumes, Aldo should wn this. But one thing about MMA is it's way more unpredictable than boxing because of all the elements,and dynamics.
                That's exactly my point, size isn't an indicator of strength.

And yes 240 is small for heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                  That's exactly my point, size isn't an indicator of strength.

And yes 240 is small for heavyweight.
                  It's an indicator, but just one of many possible indicators. There's a correlation with size and strength, but not a definite causation.

And 240 is not small for a HW.

Comment

Originally posted by Rostov Papa View Post
                    It's an indicator, but just one of many possible indicators. There's a correlation with size and strength, but not a definite causation.

And 240 is not small for a HW.
                    yes its one of the many indicators of strength but it isn't 100% that a bigger guy is stronger. For example GSP is known to throw around HW's in training.

And 240 is small for HW. 240 is the bare minimum for someone to be considered a legit HW. Any lower they would be LHW's. Even Dos Santos is small for HW.

Comment

Theres guys who cut from 240 to make lhw. brock had to cut weight to make 265 while cain has to have a high calorie diet during training to be able to make 240

Comment

Working...
                      X