No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Valuev: Wladimir Could Dump WBA Belt in Povetkin Mess

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
    I respond to a small number of your incredibly high volume of Klitschko hating comments on boxing forums.

You stalk both the Klitschkos and their fans around the internet, so your whining here is also laughable.

Pot - kettle - black.
    You didn't answer the question, why not just ignore me? Do you feel you're somehow more justified in attacking, insulting and stalking me than I am in posting about boxing in a boxing website?

Comment

Originally posted by ShamrockXpress View Post
      To be fair in no way was wlad-Peter 1 a robbery, it was a one sided boxing lesson were wlad got caught 3 times by a powerpuncher and hit the canvas, but 3 isolated knockdowns don't win a fight
      Pretty much. It's a much better, cleaner version of Pacman-Marquez 1. And I say cleaner in the sense that the rounds that Wlad won, he clearly did, and he clearly won enough of them to overcome the points lost for the three knockdowns.

Now, all this high standard blustering seems to have lost sight on the counterpoint of Wlad finally winning a fight where things didn't go all smooth. "Passing a tough test", "overcoming", "battling back" and all that good stuff that blood and guts fans talk about.

Comment

I have read all the comments on here, analysed what some people have said. Honestly, you all need to grow up you are grown men with children and you bicker about blogs and people's facebook pages etc. Seriously guys grow up.

I'm an 18 year old student and to be honest I have never met such a vast amount of ******* bickering about nothing. Seriously, grow up and get off this forum. Its like most of you live on here.

Personally, the Klitschko's H2H are amongst the greatest HW's to lace gloves. I'm not being biased in anyway, you can just see it by comparing the multiple eras.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
          Larry Holmes, the guy who squeaked by a guy to become Heavyweight Champ, who left his prime in Ali's 70's era, in Ken Norton? See how that works.

The same Holmes who took on a parkinson's effected Ali to get a name on his record. The same Holmes that boosted his resume by beating a manufactured white hope "White Hype" opponent that America can root for.

Ironically, Holmes' era also wasn't looked at as much better than the one today. He is more known for amount of title defenses than a streak of wins against prime, championship opponents (the criteria you use against Wlad), which is great. In the end, he got defeated by a Light-Heavyweight (which might make Tyson's win look better on paper, but what does it say about Holmes that he lost to a guy that Tyson Ko'd in 1 round). Again, all subjective mumbo jumbo but it works both ways. A lot of Revisionism about past era's.
          Earnie Shavers, Ken Norton twice, Gerry Cooney, Leon Spinks, Trevor Berbick and muhammad ali and went 40-0 by this time. I'm not going to reply to all of your replies to me, because you have taken them out of context. I said Ali's era was greater than it is today. We have two champions not facing each other, plus a load of contenders that are so below level that they aren't really contenders. The two champs are fighting CW's and LHW's - and the undefeated fighters they face are mostly like Charr, Wach, Solis. Fringe contenders who have a padded record. I'm sure you can see this. As stated in this thread earlier, I realize it is through no fault of their own, but that makes this current crop of HW no better. And I ask you this: Is Arreola, Byrd, Haye, Wlad & Vitali, Peter etc better than Frazier, Ali, Norton, Shavers, Cooney, Holmes etc? Not in my opinion. And the pool was also deeper then. If you fail to realize this, I'm sorry my man, but we will have to disagree. With regards to one reply you made regarding Joe Frazier, it was a response to his saying that Frazier was a bum. By his own words. Anyone that says someone like Joe Frazier is a bum, doesn't know what he's talking about.

PS. you should know that no one knew Ali had Parkinson's when he fought Holmes.

Comment

I can tell you're so very objective about them from your avatar, Fat Joe 52.

And from your ongoing crusade against them on a number of boxing forums around the net.

Your pretense of objectivity in their case is laughable.

As is your longing for "debate."

In fact, you're the biggest troll around, and I mean BIG.
            Go away man. You're a nobody. Get it through your skull.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              No. The WBO wasn't really a world title in the 90s.

Lewis:

Klitschko (prime)
              Tyson (past prime)
              Rahman (prime)
              Holyfield (past best)
              McCall (mentally ill at the time)
              Tucker (past prime)
              McCrory (CW) (past prime)
              Weaver (past prime)

= 9, 2 in their prime

And McCall only has a world title because he beat Lewis.

Wlad:

Mormeck (CW) (past prime)
              Haye (prime)
              Peter x 2 (prime x past prime)
              Chagaev (prime)
              Rahman (past prime)
              Ibragimov (prime)
              Brewster (past prime)
              Byrd x 2 (prime and past prime)

= 10, 5 in their prime.
              That's opinion not facts. How many of those opponents were undisputed heavyweight champs?

Lewis = 2
              Wlad = 0

Lewis's resume ****s all over Wlad's it's not even close.

Klitschko fans like to use facts to tell everyone how great they are and the fact is Lewis is ahead of them even when using facts.
              Last edited by Jam Jars; 02-22-2013, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                That's opinion not facts. How many of those opponents were undisputed heavyweight champs?

Lewis = 2
                Wlad = 0

Lewis's resume ****s all over Wlad's it's not even close.

Klitschko fans like to use facts to tell everyone how great they are and the fact is Lewis is ahead of them even when using facts.
                Haha. pretty much exactly this. Plus he cut opened Vitali's face like he had razorblades on his gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                  Haha. pretty much exactly this. Plus he cut opened Vitali's face like he had razorblades on his gloves.
                  And what Wlad's resume has with that?

Comment

I respond to a small number of your incredibly high volume of Klitschko hating comments on boxing forums.

You stalk both the Klitschkos and their fans around the internet, so your whining here is also laughable.

Pot - kettle - black.
                    Small number, huh? Is that 11 of your last 25 posts are directed at me? Seek help son. Between this, having my pictures saved and stalking me on Facebook, you have some real issues. All that because someone doesn't worship your favorite fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                      Earnie Shavers, Ken Norton twice, Gerry Cooney, Leon Spinks, Trevor Berbick and muhammad ali and went 40-0 by this time. I'm not going to reply to all of your replies to me, because you have taken them out of context. I said Ali's era was greater than it is today. We have two champions not facing each other, plus a load of contenders that are so below level that they aren't really contenders. The two champs are fighting CW's and LHW's - and the undefeated fighters they face are mostly like Charr, Wach, Solis. Fringe contenders who have a padded record. I'm sure you can see this. As stated in this thread earlier, I realize it is through no fault of their own, but that makes this current crop of HW no better. And I ask you this: Is Arreola, Byrd, Haye, Wlad & Vitali, Peter etc better than Frazier, Ali, Norton, Shavers, Cooney, Holmes etc? Not in my opinion. And the pool was also deeper then. If you fail to realize this, I'm sorry my man, but we will have to disagree. With regards to one reply you made regarding Joe Frazier, it was a response to his saying that Frazier was a bum. By his own words. Anyone that says someone like Joe Frazier is a bum, doesn't know what he's talking about.

PS. you should know that no one knew Ali had Parkinson's when he fought Holmes.

All you did here was list off a bunch of names without explanation or background about their own records (I.E. Ernie Shavers for example), then you followed it up by listing off more names (the current crop) and proceeded to **** on them because you know their Boxrec record and think they haven't fought anybody.

Typical hypocrisy, and cognitive bias. Just because you say group A is better than group B without specifics doesn't mean we're gonna take your word for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X