No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek Has No Interest in The IBF's Four Man Tourney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adamek Has No Interest in The IBF's Four Man Tourney

Former two division world champion Tomasz Adamek (46-2, 28KOs) spoke with the Polish media and openly rejected the IBF's four man tournament to set a mandatory challenger to IBO/IBF/WBO/WBA champion Wladimir Klitschko. A few days ago, the IBF ordered a four man box-off with Kubrat Pulev facing Odlanier Solis, and Alexander Ustinov challenging Adamek. The two winners face each other to set a challenger to Wladimir.

[Click Here To Read More]

Well Adamek is getting a little long in the tooth for a tourney just to see who gets beat down by a Klitschko. And I think Pulev stops him anyway.

Comment

Wonder who he'll fight Sept 8 now that Toney is out?

If it's a PPV in Poland, he should fight Wach.

Comment

4 man tourney? The heck? Haha. I didn't know a tournament could consist of as little as four people.

Comment

Translation: Adamek doesn't want to get beat in this four man tourney so he isn't going to participate.

He'd rather go after easy wins like James Toney instead.

Comment

Tyson Fury is looking for you, Adamek

Comment

Adamek's knows he can get paid in Jersey fighting lesser opponents. He'll sit and wait for the payday to come calling instead of participating in a tournament.

Why the **** would he want to fight a Klitschko again anyway?

Comment

I'm not saying that Wlad should never have to face a mandatory, but him or his brother seem to face pretty much every deserving contender, there's no one out there who even seems to want a shot right now, so it seems strange to try and find a mandatory challenger only days after he just fought one.

If that many people really wanted a shot, you have to wonder why so few seemed interested in facing Vitali recently, even though he is clearly getting older and has one eye on retirement and politics.

Pulev-Solis would be a good fight to make though.

Comment

i called this one when it was first announced. i agree with the guy who said he would rather cash out in NJ then enter the 4 man box off. you only have to win 2 fights but his first round matchup was against the 6'9 300lbs ustinov & If he somehow won that fight then it was solis or pulev. boxing is a business so he will take the easier route & make money fighting at home instead of fighting a legit contender. it's a shame but that's reality. the 4 man tourney would be done by next spring & the winner would get his shot in fall of 2013. i wonder who will replace adamek now? tony grano is the NABF champion & probably has a top 10-15 IBF rating. the NABF is a IBF regional belt if i am correct. if not him then someone else who owns an IBF regional title will be added.
                  Last edited by joe strong; 07-11-2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

So this guy went from fighting good opposition to fighting shot fighters and ducking tourneys? I guess the schooling Chambers put on shot his self esteem down.

Comment

Working...
                    X