No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs Kirkland is Likely For Sept. 15th Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo vs Kirkland is Likely For Sept. 15th Showdown

BoxingScene.com has been advised that serious discussions are ongoing to match James Kirkland (31-1, 27KOs) against WBC junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (40-0-1, 29KOs) on September 15th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. [Click Here To Read More]

U been asking for this fight kirkland,Lets do this

Comment

Sounds good. I give the edge to Alvarez in this one. Still going to be a good one and a step up in opposition.

Comment

mismatch, Canelo will abuse Kirkland

Comment

I've got no qualms with this matchup - Canelo better be prepared for hell.......

Comment

I think this would be a great fight. This has the potential to be as good Kirkland-Angulo. Canelo is a little bit more refined as a boxer than Angulo but this will be a war. If Canelo beats Kirkland then they can start talking about Mayweather.

Comment

Even if Kirkland was 100% healthy I would expect Canelo to beat him like a drum.

I thought the whole reason they didn't make this fight in the first place was due to Kirkland's health, it hasn't been that long for there to be much change and who knows what Kirkland will look like after his shoulder issue.

There is just no reason to really like Kirkland in this fight, I would expect Canelo to be at least +750.

Comment

Kirkland just got shoulder surgery and they are having him comeback in 3 months? Talk about not having the best interest of your fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                  I think this would be a great fight. This has the potential to be as good Kirkland-Angulo. Canelo is a little bit more refined as a boxer than Angulo but this will be a war. If Canelo beats Kirkland then they can start talking about Mayweather.
                  Whaaa? Yea Kirkland is a big step up in competition.... but even if he wins, he shouldn't be in talks for Mayweather and deserve it. He should fight and beat Cotto if he wants it.

Comment

So its Canelo-Kirkland. I'm all for it. If Kirkland can survive the first round, Canelo is in for the roughest night of his young life

Comment

Working...
                    X