Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wtf! Pacquiao To Enter Politics Again!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wtf! Pacquiao To Enter Politics Again!

Pacman to enter political ring again

By Isagani P. Palma, Correspondent

GENERAL SANTOS CITY: Newly crowned World Boxing Council lightweight champion Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao has announced his next title fight—this time in the political ring in 2010.

In a press conference Tuesday, Pacquiao said he is eyeing the congressional seat to be vacated by Rep. Erwin Chiongbian of Sarangani, who is expected to retire in two years.

The announcement came two weeks after a hero’s welcome from the city, where thousands of his townmates applauded him for telling them that he will only enter politics when he retires from boxing.

“My political [machinery] is already well-arranged,” he said Tuesday. “I am vying for the same position that I contended for in General Santos City in the 2007 elections, but this time in Sarangani province.” He ran and lost to Rep. Darlene Antonino-Custodio.

Pacquiao broke the news shortly after his friend and Mayor Reynaldo Constantino of Malungon town delivered his so-called “State of the Mayor’s Address.” Hundreds came to see Pacquiao and stayed on for the town’s weeklong celebration of its 39th founding anniversary.

Pacquiao, the chairman of Malungon’s tourism council, led a tour of the town’s tourist destinations, such as Datal Bila Waterworld Swimming Resort and Busagan Falls in Laurel village. He recently led the planting of some 500, 000 seedlings of sandugo in a bid to drum up protection of the environment.

Eleanor Saguiguit, vice-chairman of the tourism council, said Pacquiao has given P2.3 million to the council since last year.

Asked if the donation had to do with his political comeback, Pacquiao said he gave the money because he “saw and felt the sincerity and caring [of his fans and supporters] even when I am not in the boxing ring.”

B’laan and Taga-Kaulo tribesmen are predominant in Malungon, the largest of the seven towns of Sarangani.

During the anniversary celebration, the boxing champ donated P600,000 for the improvement of the town’s schools and educational programs.

“It is [Pacquiao’s] decision and we can do nothing but to give him our support in the 2010 elections,” said Constantino, who defeated former Mayor Teody Padernilla of Malungon town through the financial support of Pacquiao. He is half B’laan.

“The Pacman will never turn his back on what he had promised,” Constantino said.

“I would like to retire from boxing, maybe undefeated, or whatever God wishes it to be. Yet it is still my honor to continue serving my people in many different ways,” Pacquiao told The Manila Times.

puke ng ina mo naman pacquiao ayus ka na eh. kukupal kupal ka nanaman.

Comment

sana di na pinapaskel mga ganitong balita, di naman ikagaganda ng imahe ni pac to e

Comment

he should run for president here. I'd vote for the mother****er

Comment

lol why?
          if he wants to help out make a charity or something

Comment

Naknampucha Naman Walang Kadaladala Talo Na Naman Siya.pinoys Want Pacquiao To Focus On Boxing.

Comment

tarantado naman tong si Pacquiao ok na ung tulong mo sa pinas na magpabugbog ka at manalo ayos na un

Comment

I thought he quit politics because his own people were pissed at him because they enjoy him for what he is good at and that is boxing... WTF, man he better not quit boxing. This **** is getting annoying, we don't have much talent left in boxing right now.

Comment

Putang Inang JoartCC kasi yan!!!!!

Comment

by 2010 pac would probably retire if he wants to enter politics its his choice i definitely wont vote for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X