Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAYWEATHER never planned to make 144...and GBP knew that.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
    sandy...

That's all that "the" (not "my") article was intended to show. People were focusing on the wrong issues. I do think that you are largely focused on the right issues. The posters who are saying that Floyd alone is "the liar" or to blame, or unprofessional are pretty misguided. no offense to them.

Floyd told the public months ago that he wasn't making 144. And Marquez' promoter knew that. RS played that mystery/controversy for effect. If anything, the anger should be directed at DLH/RS for throwing JMM into a shark tank (possibly) just so they can get promo rights for the May/Pac giga-fight. And you know that's what it is all about.

I encourage the effort to increasee transparency in the sport. Especially with Top Rank. You can't ever get truth from that company. If you see anything about my posting style, I am very factually based. Sometimes to a fault.

If your car had a 50K mile warranty, and it broke down at 49,999.....
    corrected, the article. im not saying floyd alone is to blame, but at the end of the day floyd signed a 144 contract and broke that. he controls his diet, his training, his weight...so for him not to make it and gain an even further advantage vs an opponent he doesn't need it for, and to pay a fine, to inflict even more criticism towards himself makes 0 sense.

at the end of the day i dont care who did it, but it's unfair to marquez and since floyd signed a 144 contract and he weighed 146, in effect he takes the blame. if you sign a bank loan for a friend who agrees to make payments for you and he fails to pay them the bank will come after...

Comment

Originally posted by ColtraneChanges View Post

If I told you I was gonna set you up on a blind date with a hot blonde... it would be pretty effing disingenuous if I left you with the following:

You got a number for her?

Comment

Jesus Al.

Comment

gotta love Mayweather fans and the way they spin things, its true that fans really do take on the personality of those they cheer for.

for months they have been saying how Marquez moving up was not a big deal because Floyd would have to drain off some weight to even the playing field, and now Floyd it has been revealed never intended to make the weight, but its all good that he didnt have to make the sacrafice the Floyd fans said he would have to make to make the fight even.

It was OK to fight a smaller man because Floyd would have to cut weight.
          Floyd never cut the weight, so does that its no longer ok for him to fight the smaller man, because he never made the sacrafice to even it up?

which way is it boys?

Comment

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
            at the end of the day i dont care who did it, but it's unfair to marquez and .......
            Marquez' promoter and manager didn't do him right. It can be reasonably argued that Mayweather pulled some Machiavellian maneuvers (no charge on the alliteration). But this is boxing. Marquez is paying a manager AND a promoter. You hire people to look out for your best interests. And I think Oscar deferred more to Floyd simply because hGBP has its eye on a potential Pac fight.

Oscar knows that May-Pac would do 2x-3x Pac-JMM III.

Of the 5,748 threads that were created since 6pm last night, i haven't seen a single one that addressed the actual facts, and GBP's culpability.

I just wanted to weigh in (snicker) on that.

Comment

Originally posted by VipersThunder View Post
              Yes it is and he probably won't let them weigh him.
              You have the best sig ever!

Comment

Marquez' promoter and manager didn't do him right. It can be reasonably argued that Mayweather pulled some Machiavellian maneuvers (no charge on the alliteration). But this is boxing. Marquez is paying a manager AND a promoter. You hire people to look out for your best interests. And I think Oscar deferred more to Floyd simply because hGBP has its eye on a potential Pac fight.

Of the 5,748 threads that were created since 6pm last night, i haven't seen a single one that addressed the actual facts, and GBP's culpability.

You know we can blame marquez team, gpb, nacho, etc for anything, but my final statement on the matter is who was fined? gbp? team marquez? team mayweather? or was it floyd mayweather? at the end of the day it doesn't matter who was in on it, or who knew, or who had it planned or for what reason. Floyd is fined because he didn't shed an extra 2 lbs that he agreed to. that's all. thus, he takes the negativity.

Comment

Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
                  gotta love Mayweather fans and the way they spin things, its true that fans really do take on the personality of those they cheer for.

for months they have been saying how Marquez moving up was not a big deal because Floyd would have to drain off some weight to even the playing field, and now Floyd it has been revealed never intended to make the weight, but its all good that he didnt have to make the sacrafice the Floyd fans said he would have to make to make the fight even.

It was OK to fight a smaller man because Floyd would have to cut weight.
                  Floyd never cut the weight, so does that its no longer ok for him to fight the smaller man, because he never made the sacrafice to even it up?

which way is it boys?
                  that's not the only problem.

They say floyd is a small WW so that floyd don't have to fight real WWs like Cotto, Mosley, and Clottey, but if floyd can't even make 144 lbs, then he ain't a small WW and he should've been fighting real WWs all along!!!!

what are your thoughts on this floyd stans? is it still ok for floyd to dodge real WWs?

Comment

Originally posted by sandyvahra View Post
                    You know we can blame marquez team, gpb, nacho, etc for anything, but my final statement on the matter is who was fined? gbp? team marquez? team mayweather? or was it floyd mayweather? at the end of the day it doesn't matter who was in on it, or who knew, or who had it planned or for what reason. Floyd is fined because he didn't shed an extra 2 lbs that he agreed to. that's all. thus, he takes the negativity.
                    He wasn't fined. He paid a negotiated a concession fee. A fine from NSAC would be 10%/20% of the purse.

But I understand your position. Cheers.

Comment

to a degree, GBP and Team marquez let JMM down and let us down.

300k per lbs over 144 wasn't stringent enough to get floyd to come down to 144 lbs. The ****ed up part was those mutha****ers kept on talking about the fight like it was a 144 lbs catchweight fight making us believe that floyd had to come down to 144 lbs. IMHO if the boxing community had known that the limit was 147 lbs and not 144 lbs, JMM would've been an even bigger underdog and this boxing match would be even more unsellable as a ppv fight.

But just because GBP is incompetent doesn't absolve floyd of stacking the deck against a mutha****in lightweight!!! WTF is floyd scared of? that's what I don't understand. if he was that confident in himself, he would give JMM some wiggle room to make the fight competitive.

The thing is, now that Arum and TR know that floyd is capable of and willing to pull these kinda of bull**** antics, floyd won't be able to do this to pac and TR lawyers will go through the contract with a microscope looking for any loopholes for floyd to exploit, should pac win against cotto.
                      Last edited by Pullcounter; 09-19-2009, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X