Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the few that Tito could not KO.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
      Won titles from 130-140 and lost just once in his prime to Haugen which he avenged.
      I have a couple of observations regarding that fight. If I remember correctly, I think Camacho lost that first Haugen fight because of a dumb point deduction at the start of the 12th round. Camacho refused to touch gloves and decided to go on the attack instead and the ref deducted the point that cost him his title and undefeated record. Haugen tested positive for marijuana and, for some time, the fight was mentioned as a "no contest" on Camacho's record. I think, eventually, it was officially mentioned as a legitimate loss.

I also think that Camacho was starting to slide already and his prime was coming to an end. I think his last meaningful victory, while in his prime, was against Vinny Pazienza in 1990. That and his 1989 victory over Ray Mancini were his last hurrahs as a P4P boxer. He had so much talent that one can only imagine how much more he would have accomplished if he did not like to party and have fun so much.

Comment

War Macho!!!

Comment

Very good fighter, one of my personal faves. Didn't quite reach the levels you would expect from such a talent but he fought everyone of note from the 80s well into the 90s. Top boxer, top guts.

Comment

Use to watch him with my grandpa. I remember my grandpa mad as ***** because he wasn't humble down to earth type of Rican, but he always use to say that at the end of the day, he would feel comfortable betting with Macho against any ATG around his weightclass, which is all that matters.

One of the realest moments of my childhood was when JCC beat Macho and I was devastated and crying and shit and my grandpa was like everyone loses in life, but losing isn't what matters, its what you do after you lose that is important. I was like 11 or something and my mind was blown

Give em' hell in the afterlife Macho

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                  One of the few that Tito could not KO.
                  I dont think anybody KO'd him nor Knocked him down...at least to my memory. Maybe the Oscar fight he was knocked down and ruled a slip or vice versa....can't remember though.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boricuajr23 View Post
                      I dont think anybody KO'd him nor Knocked him down...at least to my memory. Maybe the Oscar fight he was knocked down and ruled a slip or vice versa....can't remember though.
                      Yeah, he was never KO'd.

Comment

Working...
                      X