Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any Top 100 ATGs who haven't faced a southpaw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now, shouldn't this be an important criteria when rating a fighter? Serious question.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      Now, shouldn't this be an important criteria when rating a fighter? Serious question.
      I don't think so. Lewis didn't fight any southpaw 'cause southpaw are very rare in the HW division. I think that the first southpaw champions has been Moorer, followed by Sultan Ibragimov in the entire HW history.

I even read some paper sheet about the fact that southpaw are very rare as much as the weight increase. It's true, just think about how many southpaw are in the WW division and think about HW and cruiserweight.

I think Ali never faced a southpaw too.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingTheBull View Post
        I don't think so. Lewis didn't fight any southpaw 'cause southpaw are very rare in the HW division. I think that the first southpaw champions has been Moorer, followed by Sultan Ibragimov in the entire HW history.

I even read some paper sheet about the fact that southpaw are very rare as much as the weight increase. It's true, just think about how many southpaw are in the WW division and think about HW and cruiserweight.

I think Ali never faced a southpaw too.
        Chris Byrd was a southpaw who was champ in Lennox Lewis era.

And, was Chuck Wepner a southpaw?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          Chris Byrd was a southpaw who was champ in Lennox Lewis era.

And, was Chuck Wepner a southpaw?
          right

no he wasn't

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
            This is a damn hard question.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't know most ATG'S let alone their opponents lol.

Wonder how Lewis would have done agaisnt one.
            Lewis would have done great with his hard left hook and straight right.

Comment

Of course it shouldn't. Southpaws are just something you have to adjust to. Would you really rank anyone who faced a southpaw higher then someone who didn't? Let's talk Ali???

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
                Of course it shouldn't. Southpaws are just something you have to adjust to. Would you really rank anyone who faced a southpaw higher then someone who didn't? Let's talk Ali???
                Ali TKO'd Richard Dunn, who was a Southpaw from the UK according to BoxRec.

Comment

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
                  I completly understand this but I really do believe it's an interesting question. What if Mayweather didn't face a southpaw? We wouldn't have known of those weaknsses.
                  Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 01-03-2010, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingTheBull View Post
                    right

no he wasn't
                    Oh ok I couldn't remember if Wepner was. I know Rocky was lol and he said the idea of the movie was from Wepner so I thought maybe...

Comment

I completely understand this but I really do believe it's an interesting question. What if Mayweather didn't face a southpaw? We wouldn't have known of those weaknsses.
                      Personally there is no left handed fighter at Lewis's time that would have beaten him.

Yes they are more difficult to handle simply because it's like stepping into new shoes that you havent worn very often, however it only enhances you if you win.

The thing with Lewis is that the top names of his resume are better than Byrd and Sanders.

Beating a south paw that is a HOF or ATG will definitely mean you deserve credit, but a fighter has weeks to prepare and if they are a good enough fighter, it shouldn't pose to much of a difference over all.

Comment

Working...
                      X