No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sonny Bill Williams Stays Focused On Botha Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sonny Bill Williams Stays Focused On Botha Clash

In and out of the ring, when you're Sonny Bill-Williams, distractions are part of the equation.

Juggling three different sporting ambitions is no easy feat.

From the Japanese rugby fields to the ring and, soon, back to the NRL with the Sydney Roosters. Attention flows, wherever he goes.

Keeping his 12-round showdown with South African heavyweight Francios Botha in the forefront of his mind has been a challenge.

It's a smart move, though, given Botha, a veteran of 60 pro fights, represents a significant step up in class.
    [Click Here To Read More]

War Botha.

Put him back where he belongs (rugby).

Did I mention rugby is stealing all of New Zealand's heavyweight talent?

Comment

Botha should just be cagey in the opening rounds, extend Williams past 6 and things should get interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
        War Botha.

Put him back where he belongs (rugby).

Did I mention rugby is stealing all of New Zealand's heavyweight talent?
        Lol why aren't you backing Sonny Bill? Also you do have a point about rugby taking away most of New Zealand's heavyweight talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
          Lol why aren't you backing Sonny Bill? Also you do have a point about rugby taking away most of New Zealand's heavyweight talent.
          His boxing career is just an ego trip, and I'd love for it to get snapped short so he can get back to a sport he is great at. If he got hurt boxing that means we're less liable to trash the South Africans and Australians at rugby. Realpolitik, my friend.

Also, I like Botha. He's a very tough, average fighter and he's been around forever. The dude has been beaten up by Moorer, Tyson, Lewis, Wlad and Holyfield. That's actually pretty cool when you think about it.

That last part about New Zealand heavyweight talent was a joke in my opinion, pretty much every major sport in existence is taking away from boxing's talent pool. Why single countries and sports out?

Comment

His boxing career is just an ego trip, and I'd love for it to get snapped short so he can get back to a sport he is great at. If he got hurt boxing that means we're less liable to trash the South Africans and Australians at rugby. Realpolitik, my friend.

Also, I like Botha. He's a very tough, average fighter and he's been around forever. The dude has been beaten up by Moorer, Tyson, Lewis, Wlad and Holyfield. That's actually pretty cool when you think about it.

That last part about New Zealand heavyweight talent was a joke in my opinion, pretty much every major sport in existence is taking away from boxing's talent pool. Why single countries and sports out?
            I'm not sure of his intentions, Sonny Bill seems humble. Maybe he wants to see how far he goes in boxing. Well lol even if you were joking your point made sense. I agree that every major sport takes away from boxing's talent pool.

Comment

I'm not sure of his intentions, Sonny Bill seems humble. Maybe he wants to see how far he goes in boxing. Well lol even if you were joking your point made sense. I agree that every major sport takes away from boxing's talent pool.
              he's not humble at all, he's an arrogant ****, and I can say that because i've actually met him, twice.

Comment

Nooo, he's definitely a huge ego masquerading as a person.

He was a national hero (and sex symbol) briefly and it went to his head. The country has cooled down on him since but he certainly hasn't cooled down on himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  he's not humble at all, he's an arrogant ****, and I can say that because i've actually met him, twice.
                  Ok well you've met him I haven't, I'm judging from what I've seen on TV so your point is more valid. Have you met any fighters? If you have how were they?

Nooo, he's definitely a huge ego masquerading as a person.

He was a national hero (and sex symbol) briefly and it went to his head. The country has cooled down on him since but he certainly hasn't cooled down on himself.
                  From what I've seen of him in interviews he seems good but yeh I don't hear of him much to judge. If he keeps moving up he'll lose anyway at some point. I'm not sure if he knows how difficult it is but yeh that's what I think would happen.

Comment

Ok well you've met him I haven't, I'm judging from what I've seen on TV so your point is more valid. Have you met any fighters? If you have how were they?
                    I've met Lennox Lewis and Carl Froch, both nice guys, although you can't always go by what you see on T.V, as i've heard Ricky Hatton can be really nasty to fans.

Sonny Bill is just a prima-donna who loves himself, and rates himself. He wasn't "overly" rude, but you can just sense the arrogance coming off him, he expects the whole room to stop and look when he walks in, that's what he loves.

Comment

Working...
                    X