Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO commentators showing BIAS towards certain Boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

announcers should be replaced by compubox numbers. in fact the whole video feed should be replaced by a spread sheet showing compubox numbers.

Comment

roy jones i cant stand announcing lol, i like him as a fighter but he is a cheerleader for the american fighters just like lampley and ledermanwhen commenting

Comment

HBO's team of "analysts" follow the company agenda. They bet on the horses that will bring viewership. Strictly.

They try to play chess games like Bobby Arum.

However those guys are. They are always all on the same team every fight. Hell. Some weird f***cking answers in this thread..
        Last edited by A-Wolf; 12-21-2012, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Really? Did the heat win the championship last year? Did the world come to an end today? Of course lampley...i mean hbo is biast towards fighters. Mainly pacman and nonito. Hbo love them some pinoys ill tell ya. Lampley and merchant would of lost control if gezta would of koed vasquez.

Comment

Obviously, if the fighter can make HBO money he's the GOAT in their eyes

The whole conte/memo .. Ward/Berto/Marquez hypocrisy displayed their foul bias

Comment

@ the poll results

Comment

whether you like it or not , everyone is biased.. showtime aint any better either..

Comment

at the 1 person that voted NO!

Comment

I'm in agreement with most here, we all expect bias. What irritates me is how they're able to shape the perception of (most)casual fans, whom believe they are truly getting 'expert' impartial commentating.

Comment

Next thing, they're going to be accusing ESPN of favoring Tim Tebow.

Yes, HBO does exhibit biases towards certain fighters, just as WWE commentators tend to favor the good guys. It's essentially the same concept - "putting over" guys that they want to turn into ratings draws in the future.

Take for instance when Juan Diaz fought Lakva Sim for his first title on HBO. Sim wasn't very good, but if they said that, it'd make Diaz's inevitable victory look weak. So they pumped Sim up, calling him sound like Genghis Khan, Diaz in turn became a monster.

And when the masses heard the HBO praise heaped upon Diaz, they began to mimic those same sentiments. Voila, a star is born.

Comment

Working...
                      X