Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time for Cotto to challenge Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time for Cotto to challenge Martinez?

Martinez is by far not a big middleweight and he probably should be at 154, and Cotto wants the middleweight belt. Although the conditions of the wet ring did not favor martinez, and hes coming off surgery, but he did not look the same, maybe age is catching up. Both guys are starting to get kind of washed, now that Cotto senses vulnerability will he challenge him, possibly a 157 catchweight?

Both guys need another big payday, and this would be it, and they are almost done so I see it as an interesting and perfect fight for both.
    Yes
    41.67%
    No
    58.33%

Cotto about to end his career on a four fight losing streak... but at least he gets paid.

Comment

No...Cotto fighting Canelo would be more lucrative.

Comment

Big Middleweights can give Martinez trouble

Cotto is not a Big natural MW......

Comment

Been thinking about this since last night.

I'd say its fair to both guys since they seem to be on their way out and both need to cash out. Martinez still has the size advantage, so I wouldn't expect it to look anything to look anything like his recent fights.

Arguably the longer Cotto waits, the more vulnerable Martinez should be, but I get the feeling Martinez won't be holding to that belt for very long, so if there ever was a time for Cotto to strike, its now. That being said, you'd still have to pick Martinez.

Makes a lot of sense, at least to me.

Comment

I think Cotto/Canelo/Mayweather should try to capitalize while they have the opportunity, cuz Martinez damn sure isn't gonna turn them away.

Comment

Of course, if Martinez doesn't fight again until 2014, Canelo vs Cotto could be made in the meantime.

Martinez would take the fight regardless of the outcome.

Comment

Cotto should fight Canelo and take his belt. Winner gets Martinez when returns next year.

Comment

Cotto should skip the ginger and fight another past his prime guy like Martinez and cash out... both guys can cash out on each other

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    Cotto should fight Canelo and take his belt. Winner gets Martinez when returns next year.
                    I'm a HUGE Cotto fan but he should stay away from Canelo. Martinez is the fight to make. I'd be surprised if Martinez's injuries sideline him long. They sounded more like excuses for a lackluster performance than anything that would sideline him. That fight for Cotto is more winnable than Canelo and its a title in another wieght division for him! Hope that's his next move

Comment

Working...
                    X