I'm sold on Adrien Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Again, I never said he's an ATG.

I said he has the POTENTIAL to become a great fighter. There are not a lot of current boxers who have as much potential as he has.

How many age 23 champions are there? He's clearly the best at 135.
    I know what you said... I think it's ridiculous to assume that potential so early.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjames616 View Post
      This right here is the REAL reason people hate or hated Broner lol They called him a hype job and a bum, willing to neglect the fact that he is extremely talented because they just couldn't fathom the thought of another Floyd lmao
      Exactly. It doesn't take Bert Sugar (RIP) or Broner beating up DeMarco to see he was talented as hell. ATG, HOF talk need to be on hold until I dont know 10-12 years from now.

Comment

You edited your post at 12:44pm. 14 minutes before that you pretty much said he was going to be an ATG. Now maybe you misspoke. But yeah you did say it.

Comment

He has HOF potential right now at 23, which is enough praise. Not saying that a win over Burns, Garcia, Matthysse, and Khan make him an ATG; but THOSE wins would make him a future HOF'er for sure, especially if he collects yet another title at 140.

Potential to be great is there, but first he has to get to Hall of Fame conversations.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            I'm sold that he's legit.

Not as a ATG.

He's elite at 135 and a player at 140.

But that's as far as I'll go.
            Of course he's not an ATG yet. But he has the potential to be one. I wish he'd drop the Mayweather's little brother act but if it helps him get fans fair ****s to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              He's improved since the Ponce de Leon fight, now he looks like the real deal.

Broner is just age 23, he has the potential to become an ATG.
              I agree. I thought once he has someone pressure him he'll get tagged and really get tested. Broner is so hard to hit and will stand toe to toe with you. I cannot wait to see him fight again.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
                You edited your post at 12:44pm. 14 minutes before that you pretty much said he was going to be an ATG. Now maybe you misspoke. But yeah you did say it.
                No, I edited it to correct a typo in the first line (added an "s". The mods can verify that, they can see the original).

I didn't change what I said.

Comment

He has legit skills and will be a force at 135 lb. Hard to say how he is going to do with somebody that will move their head more effectively and counters him back.

He has ways to go but certainly has my attention with the fighter with the most potential.

I don't think he is as arrogant as Floyd, he is just trying to be an entertainer

Comment

dude is going to have an amazing career i think he is a straight dick head outside of fighting but when i watch his skills i am in awe

Comment

A lot of talent. Best 135 lber in the world right now, 140 though, I see him meeting some very stern challenges.

Comment

Working...
                      X