Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you describe Mike McCallum's style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PED User View Post
    Yeah, McCallum wasn't even competing in the same division. Similar to the claims of Leonard ducking Pryor, except that in that case, Leonard answered Pryor's call-outs by offering Pryor a career-high payday, which Aaron rejected because he wanted more. I don't think a champion of one division necessarily has an obligation to fight a champ of a different division.

I do think McCallum may have been able to beat the aging Hagler that Leonard fight.

At 154, McCallum beats Duran, but I think he's too patient, methodical, and not a big enough puncher (with one shot) to beat Hearns. The Curry fight was an anomaly, he normally broke guys down, and I don't think he'd land enough to break Hearns down.
    ARE YOU ERRATIC BOXING?????

lol McCallum would of killed Hearns, would of looked just like this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
      superb body puncher with excellent fundamentals...

those two fights with toney is a gift to all spectators and enthusiasts who enjoy watching the subtleties and nuances of the sweet science...
      Yeah, especially the first fight.

What I like most about McCallum is how easy he'd make those moves look. A little pull-back of the head and upper-body, followed by a counter. It was great to see the way he'd just dig those hooks to the body.

Comment

Are you erratic boxing?

Comment

Probably.

Damn! Should have downloaded some videos before King shut his channel down.

Comment

Yeah, that was my channel, until it was again taken down from complaints by DKP.

I give up. Now I'll upload less frequently, and mostly just rare stuff that isn't on youtube already.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
                Yeah, especially the first fight.

What I like most about McCallum is how easy he'd make those moves look. A little pull-back of the head and upper-body, followed by a counter. It was great to see the way he'd just dig those hooks to the body.
                and the fact that he was 10 (or 12, im not sure) years older competing against a prime and lean james toney speaks volumes about just how highly skilled he really was...

Comment

I think he's a boxer/counterpuncher that worked off a jab. He liked to catch opponents shots on his gloves and shoulders then counter to the body. If I remember correctly that's how he got his nickname.

Comment

Working...
                  X