do CW's, fighting unranked guys, guys after beatings affect Pac legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by latinbrawler316 View Post
    Right like Floyd fans know it all. hahah
    baklas all they know is how to make excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by latinbrawler316 View Post
      Let me try to understand the logic of Floyd fans. Manny and Floyd have fought a lot of the same opponents and the ones that are different are at about the same level. Floyd potshots his way to a win over an injured Manny and that makes Floyd the TBE. I guess by your logic Manny must be in the top 10 of all time then since neither guy really dominated one another in the fight
      This isn't a may-pac thread...I'm gonna disregard anything involving mayweather

Pacquaio is a legend...a great fighter but IMO he was never on the level the media tried to make him out to be...a lot of it had to do with weight jumping which is a great feat but you have to look at when and how he fought them...most of the guys he beat above 140 were not ranked welters or coming off unimpressive showings... That must be considered when looking at his atg placement

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

Pacquaio is a legend...a great fighter but IMO he was never on the level the media tried to make him out to be...a lot of it had to do with weight jumping which is a great feat but you have to look at when and how he fought them...most of the guys he beat above 140 were not ranked welters or coming off unimpressive showings... That must be considered when looking at his atg placement
        Manny's 154 title was possibly the biggest joke of a fight in history, yet these bakla would try to prove otherwise.

Comment

Well I disagree because while he may not of beat the cream of the crop at 147 he could of retired before moving to 147 and still been an ATG. 147 is just icing on the cake and it is'nt like he fought bums. Hell the only guys I would really knock him on that he fought at 147 would be Rios and Algeiri. Also are you really going to downgrade him on what amounts to about 15% of his career fights? Several of which can be argued are past his prime. And don't even get me started on how people make weights now a days and that he should of never got above 140. The fact he moved to 147 is bonus points in my book, not a negative.

Comment

it was a catchweight with an undefeated young fighter who was the titleholder and weighed in just one pound more prior to the fight.....not a catchweight against an unranked guy, for a vacant title, Margarito was 2 fights removed from getting KTFO

now you tell me which one is more impressive
            Margarito was a way better win for Manny than Canelo was for Floyd... It has nothing to do with talent the size difference alone... Manny fought Margarito, Floyd ran like a b*tch, easily the biggest duck of his career. Wraps or not Margarito would have given Floyd all he could handle.

I mean FFS... Canelo's best win was Trout, before that it was literally Josesito Lopez who fought at 140 2 fights prior to the Canelo fight lol.
            Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 05-20-2015, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
              Margarito was a way better win for Manny than Canelo was for Floyd... It has nothing to do with talent the size difference alone... Manny fought Margarito, Floyd ran like a b*tch, easily the biggest duck of his career. Wraps or not Margarito would have given Floyd all he could handle.

I mean FFS... Canelo's best win was Trout, before that it was literally Josesito Lopez who fought at 140 2 fights prior to the Canelo fight lol.
              Loooooooooool. You're joking right?

Comment

Sure.

Just like they affect Floyd's and Cotto's and Ward's and Canelo's and everybody else that engages in such skullduggery.

Thing that makes it more irritating to me is that each transgression must be judged seperately and on it's own merits, as some are more egregious than others and that makes thinking about and debating this subject a fkn pain in the ass.

It adds more subjectivity into the assessment process which is one thing boxing already has plenty of.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                  Loooooooooool. You're joking right?
                  Did you need video of Margarito confronting Floyd, and Floyd shook as hell? It exists.

Did you also know Margarito had as many fights against JMW's as Canelo did when he fought Floyd? They did. So how was the Canelo win better exactly?

Comment

The media and fans loved his story, personality, and fighting style. That's all. It didn't matter who he fought. His FOTD award is more like The Most Beloved Fighter of the Decade, not really the best of the decade. He was one of the best though, but Mayweather, Marquez and Hopkins were better than him.

Comment

Hold on a sec

Are trying to claim c level wins over Ortiz, Guerrero and maidana as good wins?

Come on man they were cherry pucks to get the W

Beating champs means nothing as there are so many paper champs in the modern world

Hell no fan base would ever use those three guys as good wins

Srl calls them tune ups but I guess floyd fans need something to cling onto other than beating a part retired Oscar or a zombie Canelo or a one arm pacman

It's funny you can **** on pacs resume but guess what it's still better than floyds

Guess that makes his worse

Comment

Working...
                      X