Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should Wlad vs Pianeta be a non title fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    I'm sorry, did you say something other than its not perfect but it is ok as long as he fights Povetkin next? I know you haven't tried to debate me on Wlads last 3 out of 4 opponent's, have you? And if you don't like the thread don't post in it.
    I don't need to debate you on anything, it's difficult enough to take you serious in general. But your troll thread clearly backfired, and now you start whining. Wlad fights the best and the rest, so let it go.

Last edited by Weltschmerz; 02-08-2013, 02:51 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
      I don't need to debate you on anything, it's difficult enough to take you serious in general. But your troll thread clearly backfired, and now you start whining. Wlad fights the best and the rest, so let it go.

No, you can't debate me on anything. That's the difference. Now be gone nuthugger, you bring nothing to the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Roy Jones seemed to fight an endless line of nohopers. Chavez also. Going back further Roberto Durán fought his string of cans during his LW days.

If anything the state of the game has gotten worse with more alphabet boys and several Champions of each organization.

Singling out Wlad instead of making the thread about the general level of world title challengers gives the appearance of you, given your history, continuosly trolling the klits, instead of attacking the issue. Correct me if I'm wrong.
        you lost the entire forum there..................you'll be hard pressed to find a fighter that duran, chavez, fought that was worser then Pianeta.

you have guys coming in comparing holmes competition with wlads and now duran?

heres an example for you.

"Tim Witherspoon" was considered a c level fighter in the 80's. he was 6'4 & about 240 pounds.

compare pianeta with witherspoon. (look CLOSELY, look at the movement, the defense, the balance. the skill set of both men)

sometimes i wonder do you guys watch old films before you start belittling guys like holmes & duran. the guys of that era (even the so called bums) are clearly light years past the top guys of this division.

i want you to look at this very closely.

Again. look at the movement, the defense, the balance. the skill set of both men.

it's almost shameful what some of you guys are doing on here........

Last edited by Godsfly; 02-08-2013, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Ok then. Let's say that Povetkin is ruled out for now.

Here's the list of HW's ranked in the top 10 by the 'governing bodies':

Haye
          Ortiz
          Chagaev
          Boytsov
          Oquendo
          Pudar
          Wawrzyk
          Banks
          Wilder
          Abdusalamov
          Adamek
          Jennings
          Ustinov
          Price
          Fury
          Dimitrenko
          Arreola
          Takam
          Pianeta
          Leapai

Not exactly a who's who of future ATG's and I frankly haven't seen much more than half these guys. But who'd you say Wlad should fight?
          I'd have to think about and look at them more closely to give a proper answer, but I know Pianeta is not it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
            you lost the entire forum there..................you'll be hard pressed to find a fighter that duran, chavez, fought that was worser then Pianeta.

"Tim Witherspoon" was considered a c level fighter in the 80's. he was 6'4 & about 240 pounds.

compare pianeta with witherspoon. (look CLOSELY, look at the movement, the defense, the balance. the skill set of both men)

sometimes i wonder do you guys watch old films before you start belittling guys like holmes & duran. the guys of that era (even the so called bums) are clearly light years past the top guys of this division.

Again. look at the movement, the defense, the balance. the skill set of both men

This post as well others in this thread should be excused as passion. Bats knowledge is second to none.

Comment

Again. look at the movement, the defense, the balance. the skill set of both men.

You sir. Either you misread my post or else you haven't got the slightest idea what you are talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                This post as well others in this thread should be excused as passion. Bats knowledge is second to none.
                he's a poster that I've never had words with (in person or on the phone) so i don't know where his knowledge is at nore do i really know him. I'm looking at the post he made.

Comment

You sir. Either you misread my post or else you haven't got the slightest idea what you are talking about.
                  well this is your quote (I'll show you exactly what I'm replying to)

"Roy Jones seemed to fight an endless line of nohopers. Chavez also. Going back further Roberto Durán fought his string of cans during his LW days"

I was saying that even so called no hopers in another era can't be compared to the division of today.

Comment

well this is your quote (I'll show you exactly what I'm replying to)

"Roy Jones seemed to fight an endless line of nohopers. Chavez also. Going back further Roberto Durán fought his string of cans during his LW days"

I was saying that even so called no hopers in another era can't be compared to the division of today.
                    Cool story bro.

Comment

Cool story bro.
                      now we're getting somewhere............

so Tim Witherspoon can be compared with Francesco Pianeta?

Comment

Working...
                      X