Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there anyway floyd could have beaten leonard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
    Only one issue, Floyd will not be the bigger, taller, long and HARD KO puncher like Hearns was, he will be a shorter, softer puncher without a killer instict like hearns had.
    Tail of the tape, and boxrec always say that Floyd is taller than his opponents and have longer arms. But that stuff ALWAYS seems wrong to me. Ghost and Canelo were WAAAY taller than Floyd with noticeably longer arms. Floyd had to use footwork to fight Ghost like a taller guy. Canelo looked like a Giant, yet Floyd got flatfooted and started going to the pocket. I think if SRL fought some of Floyd's opponents, he would probably win most of them by stoppage. But they would be all out brawls and wars. Floyd is able to compromise his style COMPLETELY, in order to dominate everyone without getting grazed. His last several fights where against opponents who all have completely different styles. I think Floyd beats him 11 rounds to 1! Styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
      Your forgetting that SRL had NO defense. Just reflexes, and footwork. He couldnt even land a jab on Duran. Duran was a cherrypicked lightweight. He beat the crap out of SRL. In the rematch Duran was out of shape, and that too was a cherrypick. SRL would try to bully Floyd because of his lack of power, and that would be a problem!

cherrypick duran > anyone floyd has fought

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
        Just STFU and go away.
        Sorry Im not here to push an agenda that just because a fighter is fighting in a current era, that he automatically loses to a past ATG. I speak facts about the one sided azzwhoopin SRL would take if he fought Floyd. His own brother knows that he isnt good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by rr00676 View Post
          cherrypick duran > anyone floyd has fought
          Thats your opinion. But the question is, is a welterweight version of Duran better than any version of Floyd? LOL HELL NAH!!! Floyd would dominate SRL I think

Comment

Thats your opinion. But the question is, is a welterweight version of Duran better than any version of Floyd? LOL HELL NAH!!! Floyd would dominate SRL I think
            I'd go 2:1 for SRL. I see SRL keeping money shelled up for too much of the fight and wins with his workrate.

Also, can you counter Duran> anyone floyd fought?

Comment

Floyd has the tools to beat Duran....it wouldnt be as difficult as a SRL fight....Especially at welterweight when Mayweather between 06-09 was still very athletically gifted and mastered his defence and ring generalship. Duran was a great, great fighter. Mayweather just has a style and attributes that would frustrate Duran

Comment

I'd go 2:1 for SRL. I see SRL keeping money shelled up for too much of the fight and wins with his workrate.

Also, can you counter Duran> anyone floyd fought?
                When has Floyd ever been shelled up? LOL As if he just stood still the entire fight and depended on his shell. Floyd will make you miss by inches, or he steps to the side, steps back, jumps back etc. So many different things he can do. And his counterpunching is too instinctive. Everything he does is too instinctive for a fighter of SRL's caliber. He can counter you when he's not supposed to. He's confident enough to not even flinch when your punch comes, because he knows what angle it will come from, and he can stand right in front of the punch and avoid it by a mili-inch. SRL couldnt do ANY of this stuff. He just runs around the ring and uses footwork ONLY. And we saw that fight with Floyd Sr. Imagine if that was Floyd Jr. Floyd Sr was shelled up because he was one dimensional. Floyd Jr would be doing all types of SuperFighter shiet that would make SRL wonder why he didnt wait to cherrypick him when he was old and washed up.

As far as his workrate, I think because Floyd is so much more instinctive than SRL, he would drop his workrate to one or two punches at a time. And when SRL tries to throw combinations, Floyd would tie him up on the inside; Like he did with Ghost. I knew Floyd wouldnt be able to counter Ghost's combinations. Floyd took them away by tying him up everytime they got on the inside, and he would do the same thing to Broner.

As far as Duran goes, bro I really dont think much of Duran. He is a quitter and a disgrace to boxing. And everytime he stepped up, he lost. Duran had skills, but they just never worked when he fought real opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  Floyd has the tools to beat Duran....it wouldnt be as difficult as a SRL fight....Especially at welterweight when Mayweather between 06-09 was still very athletically gifted and mastered his defence and ring generalship. Duran was a great, great fighter. Mayweather just has a style and attributes that would frustrate Duran
                  I wasn't arguing May-Duran...Just pointing out the ridiculousness of calling Duran a "cherrypick" in a SRL vs May debate

Comment

I wasn't arguing May-Duran...Just pointing out the ridiculousness of calling Duran a "cherrypick" in a SRL vs May debate
                    If that was your argument, then you have already lost that one. SRL himself has admitted on several occasions that he knew what he was doing by picking him. He was a MAJOR cherrypick on the rematch, because SRL knew he would be out of shape! So I guess your leaving now? lol

Comment

If that was your argument, then you have already lost that one. SRL himself has admitted on several occasions that he knew what he was doing by picking him. He was a MAJOR cherrypick on the rematch, because SRL knew he would be out of shape! So I guess your leaving now? lol
                      Doesn't matter what SRL calls it...still better than anyone Floyd has fought.

Comment

Working...
                      X