Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo, Gary Russell Mandatory Double Eyed For March 11

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo, Gary Russell Mandatory Double Eyed For March 11

BoxingScene.com has been advised that a Showtime televised doubleheader is being targeted for March 11 in Washington, DC. The card would feature two mandatory defenses, which involve WBC junior middleweight champion Jermell Charlo and WBC featherweight champion Gary Russell Jr. Charlo has a mandatory owed to Charles Hatley, while Russell will be ordered to face interim-champion Oscar Escandon.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This card exceeded my expectations, my attention is centered on Gary Russell's mandatory Oscar Escandon : based on his two contentious hard fought split decision losses vs. Nehomar Cermeno current #7. super bantamweight and undefeated current WBA interim champion Moises Flores ( whos set to face Guillermo Rigondeaux ) I foresee a ferocious battle and high probability of a KO/TKO in favor of Russell Jr.

Comment

As a boxing fan, and a basketball fan, MARCH MADNESS is bigger than ever in 2017!

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        This card exceeded my expectations, my attention is centered on Gary Russell's mandatory Oscar Escandon : based on his two contentious hard fought split decision losses vs. Nehomar Cermeno current #7. super bantamweight and undefeated current WBA interim champion Moises Flores ( whos set to face Guillermo Rigondeaux ) I foresee a ferocious battle and high probability of a KO/TKO in favor of Russell Jr.
        Sounds like raelly bad matchups. Someone lost twice to guys we've never heard of and he's going to compete with GRJ? GRJ should fight JoJo Diaz or Oscar Valdez already.

Never heard of Hatley either.

Comment

Pretty sht card. Escandin is one step up from a legal mudget and he has no business being in the ring with russell.

Russell in another bum fight ic.

Hatley? Not interested. Jermell isnt interesting anyways. Jermall is the exciting one.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            Sounds like raelly bad matchups. Someone lost twice to guys we've never heard of and he's going to compete with GRJ? GRJ should fight JoJo Diaz or Oscar Valdez already.

Never heard of Hatley either.
            We....nah...YOU is more like it, I follow the whole sport...anyways its a mandatory incase you did not read the title and as I already mentioned he has two SD losses to top ten world class contenders/title holder and one about to challenge the man in Rigo next month -- needless to say he is qualified.

Comment

Escandon was scheduled to fight Russell before but the fight got cancelled.

Comment

I was at the Escandon/Castellanos fight. Escandon was impressive, beating up on Castellanos despite being seemingly a foot shorter than him. I might have to go to this card as well, I think he can make a fight out of it with Russell.

Comment

Good card. If u follow the entire sport you'll know the Hatley is a serious threat. I won't be surprised if he beats Charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    We....nah...YOU is more like it, I follow the whole sport...anyways its a mandatory incase you did not read the title and as I already mentioned he has two SD losses to top ten world class contenders/title holder and one about to challenge the man in Rigo next month -- needless to say he is qualified.
                    Russell only fights once a year, so I'm not going to down his competition, but Russell isn't doing himself any favors. One of these years a bum is going to get the best of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X