Stone Temple pilots singer Scott Weiland Dead at 48

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phallus View Post
    every ****ing day

honestly i think weiland is a better singer than eddie vedder, in terms of pure musical ability he might be the best out of all of them, chris cornell and layne staley's voices were really unique sounding, they weren't great singers in terms of technique but i like to listen to them more than other singers who have better vocal ranges and more technical ability. When i think about STP, with weiland's voice and rob deleo's songwriting talent, they should get more credit than they do. they were more consistently good than pearl jam, like the other poster said Ten is a great record but STP had at least two awesome songs on every record they made
    I still go Eddie over Weiland, but maybe its cause I was/am more of a fan of the more typical "grunge" (whatever that means) STP was no doubt a grunge band, but never really fit into the circle unlike Pearl Jam who basically made the circle after Kurt done off'd himself.

I used to not really care for Eddie, not sure why but he made it kinda easy by being kinda a pretentious Pacific NW version of Bono, or at least trying to be. Now he's just a famous, rustic folk artist basically lol

To be honest though, Eddie is probably like one of the FEW (basically him and Grohl) of the grunge stars who wasn't an absolute asss holes all the time. He didn't inherit the angst as much I guess.
    Last edited by Rudyo; 12-18-2015, 05:56 PM.

Comment

that sucks.. but layne>>>

Comment

Excuse me for being a huge Doors fan, I found Eddie Vedder performing this with the band too

Comment

Working...
        X