Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Rigondeaux the best Olympic medalist to transition to the pros?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...3786&cat=boxer

This guy made the best transition to the pro's. There is no blueprint to beat him and he won a title in only 7 fights. I've never heard of him, but he's gotta be it!!

Seriously....Rigo is an amazing fighter and made me a believer after beating Donaire. But there have been many great fighters to transition in exceptional ways. I think it best to see how his career plays out before making this judgment. Jmo.

But all of them werent GOAT amateurs to me this is the first time i see a GOAT amateur and wont have to wonder what he would have done as a pro etc. Hopefully keeps going the way it is and he may get in the GOAT category as an amateur and pro.

Again dont forget the thread name " Is Rigondeaux the best Olympic medalist to transition to the pros?"

Then the answer to that is yes absolutely by a mile people mention floyd forgetting he only got bronze at the olympics Rigo is a multi Gold medalist and probably would have broken the record if he stayed in Cuba.
    Last edited by DannYankee; 07-24-2013, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
      if they waited till their 30's to turn pro? Yes. This ish is stupid.

Y'all are nauseating with this Rigo thing, seriously. He's beaten Donaire in his 12th fight, yay. Truth of the matter is, it was a bad style matchup. Nonito can't chase an elusive opponent well. He's not suited to do that, with his style. Who was the most elusive opponent he faced prior to Rigo? Nishioka? Get the fuck outta here!

To compare this guy to people like SRL, Ali, RJJ, and even Floyd, is ludicrous. Those guys have proven they could fight all types of fighters in their prime. Rigo has been protected by headgear his whole life, he just needs to get cracked.

smh. Only on NSB.

Consider this, he has only had 12 fights, and been down twice already. Floyd, who you are so fond of comparing him to has had 40+ fights and only been down from a measly glove touch and a hurt hand. What you won't like to see is that Rigo gets sparked clean out by a good pressure fighter. Where will your accolades be at then? It will have been just a waste of your damn finger energy.
      I don't think Mayweather has fought a top 5 p4p in his life

Comment

Diego Corrales was top 5 p4p in January 2001. Rigo is going to have to win more titles in more weight classes before we can rank him above Leonard, Whitaker, Spinks but he is the best double olympic gold medalists to turn pro this century without question.

Hope he gets more support from HBO after he knocks out his October opponent - in my opinion he is perfect for HBO BAD this winter. Is there any bantamweight he shouldn't stop in seven? Mathebula? Hasegawa?

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
          if they waited till their 30's to turn pro? Yes. This ish is stupid.

Y'all are nauseating with this Rigo thing, seriously. He's beaten Donaire in his 12th fight, yay. Truth of the matter is, it was a bad style matchup. Nonito can't chase an elusive opponent well. He's not suited to do that, with his style. Who was the most elusive opponent he faced prior to Rigo? Nishioka? Get the fuck outta here!

To compare this guy to people like SRL, Ali, RJJ, and even Floyd, is ludicrous. Those guys have proven they could fight all types of fighters in their prime. Rigo has been protected by headgear his whole life, he just needs to get cracked.

smh. Only on NSB.

Consider this, he has only had 12 fights, and been down twice already. Floyd, who you are so fond of comparing him to has had 40+ fights and only been down from a measly glove touch and a hurt hand. What you won't like to see is that Rigo gets sparked clean out by a good pressure fighter. Where will your accolades be at then? It will have been just a waste of your damn finger energy.
          Rigondeuax didn't wait to turn pro, he was forced and the knock on him was that he fought for too many years in the AM, if Floyd and ward wait until their 30's in your opinion they surely would had done it and you maybe right, but they didn't because they want to make money and stayed long enough to get recognition as amateurs...

Comment

Working...
          X