Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Eubank jr uppercut the best in the sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
    Blackwell hit Eubanks with two huge shots and he took them really well, Jr. may very well not only have the durability to go the distance with GGG but he also has the power to back him up and make him respect him also. That wood be an interesting fight.

The best ? I'm not sure but it is up there with the best.
    Really? I don't think so. I also don't think Jr has his father's chin. But that remains to be seen.

Comment

He throws it from way too far sometimes, it's going to be his undoing if he doesn't learn to tighten it up.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Really? I don't think so. I also don't think Jr has his father's chin. But that remains to be seen.
        I recall two big shots, on the button. Eubanks took them both well, GGG obviously would hit him with bigger shots and more often, yet clearly Jr. has the power himself to hurt the middleweight no.1.

Are you a fan of Eubank ?

Comment

I think Canelo has the best one in the game

Comment

I recall two big shots, on the button. Eubanks took them both well, GGG obviously would hit him with bigger shots and more often, yet clearly Jr. has the power himself to hurt the middleweight no.1.

Are you a fan of Eubank ?
            Yeah he takes an Ok shot, but Blackwell is not the biggest puncher either. He's strong guy, but he's not a big big puncher. Taking that shot off a Golovkin wouldn't be good for Eubank in my opinion.

I also think his power is overrated. He's got power. But I've seen him hit guys with 25 punches in a row and they still don't hit the deck. But he's sharp and good. I feel the uppercut is over-used.

Yes I would consider myself a fan.

Comment

I genuinely think Eubank has a chance with GGG if he catches him at the right time. GGG is no spring chicken and Eubank will continue to improve (providing the last fight doesn't mentally affect him).

Eubank looks very strong and someone who can stand up to GGG's power. He has a good variation of shots and has speed too. Not 1 punch knockout power but he has enough to make GGG respect his power I feel.

BJ Saunders, who I'm a fan of, I think GGG would walk through him in all honesty. I hope not but I can't really picture anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
                I genuinely think Eubank has a chance with GGG if he catches him at the right time. GGG is no spring chicken and Eubank will continue to improve (providing the last fight doesn't mentally affect him).

Eubank looks very strong and someone who can stand up to GGG's power. He has a good variation of shots and has speed too. Not 1 punch knockout power but he has enough to make GGG respect his power I feel.

BJ Saunders, who I'm a fan of, I think GGG would walk through him in all honesty. I hope not but I can't really picture anything else.
                Monroe Jr. was able to tag Golovkin with his feather fists repeatedly, Eubank with his punch variation and apparent power would do no worse in the least, that's a great fight. Is Eubank ready ? I do not believe so at all. I would however prefer to see Jacobs versus Saunders before either faced GGG, in fact I wouldn't like to see Saunders vs GGG at all, the fight is not in the least competitive looking not that I would expect any more of Jacobs tbh.

Eubank Jr is an exciting fighter, glad I took the time to watch him.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  What did I say that was wrong I care about safety of boxers and wish Blackwell a full recovery.
                  In fact I was very upset to see Blackwell in such a condition
                  hugh was not you but this whole topic at present is in Bad Taste.

I been following boxing for 30 years and i saw what was going to happen from the 5th round which is really bad.

So when i see a topic Eubank uppercut best in sport, why because he might have killed sombody not a good look

Comment

Call me when he fights an elite fighter..then we can talk

Comment

Monroe Jr. was able to tag Golovkin with his feather fists repeatedly, Eubank with his punch variation and apparent power would do no worse in the least, that's a great fight. Is Eubank ready ? I do not believe so at all. I would however prefer to see Jacobs versus Saunders before either faced GGG, in fact I wouldn't like to see Saunders vs GGG at all, the fight is not in the least competitive looking not that I would expect any more of Jacobs tbh.

Eubank Jr is an exciting fighter, glad I took the time to watch him.
                      I'd still like to see Eubank have another 3-4 fights in the next 12 months to continue his progression further.

Working with Booth resulted in huge improvement (the O'Sullivan fight being his best display). I wish they'd have continued that work as he was developing quickly and noticeably. Better footwork, better punch set-up, better jab, combinations...he was looking tremendous.

I think he's ready now to beat both Jacobs and Saunders (comfortably), but those would be good fights to learn and progress ahead of a potential Golovkin fight. Jr would most certainly have no worries about his power.

Comment

Working...
                      X