Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the rarest natural skill/asset for a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Precise counterpunching... The kind that stops aggression in it's tracks and discourages offensive minded fighters. Also, being able to grind and scrap on the inside is highly underrated.

Comment

The heart to fight anybody and everybody. Only the true greats possess that.

Comment

Originally posted by Salsaon123567 View Post
        Precise counterpunching... The kind that stops aggression in it's tracks and discourages offensive minded fighters. Also, being able to grind and scrap on the inside is highly underrated.
        Good to have, but I specified non-boxing skills related, more human characteristics.

Or rather let's say, skills that aren't taught, natural things fighters just have or not like reflexes, chin, speed, power etc
        Last edited by PainfromUkraine; 01-20-2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Cat-like reflexes.

You're either born with them or not and it's a rare gift.

Comment

One of the rarest skills is having elite running technique that fools boxing hipsters into calling it "footwork". It's so rare, only a select few got it, like rigondeaux and eslirandy lara.

Comment

Reflexes imo... like the above post... opens up for offense and makes up for defense

Comment

elite level necks.

on a more serious note, you don't see a ton of tall guys with great chins. i'm talking about guys who are super tall for the weight. paul williams and kelly pavlik come to mind. hell, williams had a great chin when he was a welterweight.

others have said reflexes, and that's a good mention. you see lots of athletic guys in boxing, but you rarely see guys who have elite reflexes to match elite speed. reflexes in boxing are more than instincts. you need to make decisions in tiny fractions of a second.

brains that work that quickly, with the physical tools and the schooling to make anything happen in short windows, are rare.

floyd mayweather has the best reflexes i've ever seen on a boxer.

Comment

Chin is very important.

As for rarest, Danny Garcia-level luck. It's not typical to win the lottery more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    elite level necks.

on a more serious note, you don't see a ton of tall guys with great chins. i'm talking about guys who are super tall for the weight. paul williams and kelly pavlik come to mind. hell, williams had a great chin when he was a welterweight.

others have said reflexes, and that's a good mention. you see lots of athletic guys in boxing, but you rarely see guys who have elite reflexes to match elite speed. reflexes in boxing are more than instincts. you need to make decisions in tiny fractions of a second.

brains that work that quickly, with the physical tools and the schooling to make anything happen in short windows, are rare.

Good points.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      elite level necks.

what makes you say Floyd's reflexes are better than Roy's

Comment

Working...
                      X