Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman vs. Danny Garcia Could Air on CBS in Prime Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It should be free. Both of the are nothing but hype jobs anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      needs to be on free tv.
      ggg vs lemieux, canelo vs khan and canelo vs smith were all free tv fights but hbo ripped you fans off hahaha.... Pbc even on showtime only costs 6 dollars!

Comment

50/50 fight...

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
          Would be a big fail for PBC if this isn't on CBS.
          funny thing is if this was on hbo it would be a ppv

Comment

I would be willing to bet anyone any amount of money that this fight WILL NOT take place on the scheduled date. One or them will fake and injury, causing the fight to be delayed four or five months. I would also be willing to bet that the person who doesn't fake the first injury fakes an injury later, causing this fight to be delayed until 2018!

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
              Would be a big fail for PBC if this isn't on CBS.
              I find it amazing that PBC announces a fight that is better than anything that has or will appear on PPV in all of 2016 and people on this site are *****ing because it is not on free TV.

You should be grateful that you are not being asked to pay $60 to watch the %&#!^* fight!

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                They have no other chioce but to fight each other, al haymond doesnt have enough money to continue with its mismatches. If they were with goldenboy and hbo this fight would had happend a long time ago. Al haymon hasnt done anything better than other promoters. Mostly cherrypick for the past two years, only good fights were Thurman vs Guerro, Thurman vs Porter, Broner vs Porter.

I can think of five or six good fights off the top of my head that PBC has given us over the last two years. I challenge you to name one good fight that GBP and HBO have given us over the last two years (including PPV fights).

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  A big disappointment about PBC so far is how they build up fights on free TV that end up on Showtime. They need to start putting the Thurman vs. Garcia type fights on free TV after all the work building them there.
                  -Showtime is in deep business with Al Haymon, entitling them to first dibs on the fights/matchups that they have interest in.

-Fox/FS1 is still in the mix, but it looks like the main PBC deal is going to be with CBS Corporation (Showtime/CBS/CBS Sports Network/SpikeTV).

-SHOPPV is still the ultimate payoff point for the fights affiliated with Haymon.

If CBS is ready and willing to air a big fight during their March Madness run, that'd be great; if not, Showtime delivers the card .

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    great fight - no whiplash injuries please
                    I'd forgotten about that.

Comment

Will Fat Dan be invited to this event?

Comment

Working...
                      X