Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. and his links to organized crime.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bringing up an old thread, just because...

Chavez was accused of being a money launderer and defends himself.

Chavez: You think the United States would give me a work visa if I was a money launderer? Or if I had links with drug traffickers? The United States knows I'm friends with all of them, yes, effectively, I know all of them, I know them personally, because they've called me, and I've had to go them, because if I don't, you know what will happen...

Francisco Arellano was good friend of mine, everyone knows that, all traffickers have been good friends of mine, I've known them, why? Because they love boxing too, I'm their idol too, they too have a heart, bad or good, but with me, they always comported themselves good, all of them, friends and enemies, I have a good rapport with everyone ...

If I hadn't been the person I was, if I negated a picture or what not, they would have killed me, why am I going to be against them? They'll kill me, kill my kids...

One thing is knowing them and another thing is me being involved with them...

I have a mic on my hand every Saturday, I can say whatever I want, thank God, I'm the only one on Azteca TV that can say whatever he wants, and on ESPN too in the United States, well of course I tend to say some dumb **** I'm not going to say I don't.

I want to meet the reporter that's accusing me, and have him show proof of any wrongdoing from my part, and if I did something wrong, judge me, sentence me, but if not, then put him in jail.

Thank God I'm a descent person, and everything I've made I've earned it working hard on top of the ring and you guys know that, I've always risked my life on top of the ring, you think I had the need to be involved with stupid ****? Please, I used to make a lot of money.

Right now what concerns me is being good health wise, morally wise, and overall, to be good in regards to my addictions and help other people the best I can.

Last edited by El Gitano; 03-23-2016, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Is that Junior in the picture with his daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
        Interesting tid-bits of Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. and his links to organized crime.

He was friends/compadre to Amado Carrillo Fuentes "The Lord of the Skies" and Juan José Esparragoza Moreno "El Azul" - Juarez Cartel leader and advisor.

He was also linked to Hector "El Guero" Palma, Sinaloa Cartel founder along with "Chapo" Guzman.

His promoter before Don King, Angel Gutierrez was gunned down in Cancun, Mexico. Supposedly, a drug related adjustment of accounts. Angel Gutierrez had previously been arrested for drug trafficking in Tijuana and then California. He was believed to be a right hand man to Rafael Caro Quintero, Mexico's most famous drug lord of the 80's. One of (3) Sinaloans that founded the Guadalajara Cartel.

A famous human rights activist, Norma Corona, her body was found outside of Chavez' apartment in Tijuana, but Chavez claimed to not have owned the property anymore when it happened.

He was compadre to Francisco Rafael Arellano Felix, founder of the Tijuana Cartel. He carried Chavez' belt to the ring when he fought Camacho and he also worked Chavez' corner when he fought Haugen in Mexico City.

Don King gave a Rolls Royce to Chavez after a fight he won, Chavez gave that car to Francisco Rafael. They were super close, always partied together. Chavez would call Francisco a ***, and Francisco would respond saying that Chavez had a small d*ck. They once traveled to France together. Francisco would joke that Chavez went to consult a doctor, in hopes of getting his d*ck resized.

Francisco owned in Mazatlan, Sinaloa what was known as the most modern and luxurious nightclub in all of Latin America. He had a special room just for Chavez, so no one would bother him, where Chavez would get ****ed up on coke. They even held boxing events at this nightclub.

In 1993, Francisco Rafael was arrested at one of Chavez' houses.

A few months after Chavez beat Giovanni Parisi, he was out with his friends Jesus Sanchez Angulo and his compadre and boxer and his sparring partner, Jesus "El Bebe" Gallardo, 25 wins, 3 losses 23 knockouts. They met up at Holiday Inn in the state of Mexico. In middle of their dinner, Chavez got up to use the men's room when Tijuana Cartel hired gunmen fired against Angulo and Gallardo, killing both. Ramon Arellano himself had hired them to kill Gallardo, over Gallardo snitching that a load of marijuana he got caught transporting belong the Arellano Brothers. Chavez, later, had a baby girl with Gallardo's widow.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...1691&cat=boxer

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.'s wife/girlfriend has a daughter that's "Chapo" Guzman, Sinaloa Cartel leader's granddaughter.

And then Jr. also has been seen hanging out with Sinaloa cartel members.

Francisco Rafael Arellano Felix was released in 2008. Francisco has attended weigh-ins for Chavez' sons under a different name.Omar Chavez was present at the kid party in 2013 when a clown shot and killed Francisco Rafael.

Here's video of when Chavez' compadre Francisco Rafael Arellano Felix was killed.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve, can we just all focus on boxing? These topics are best left to others!!
        Last edited by Zaroku; 03-24-2016, 07:18 AM.

Comment

I shared the same cell with Julio Cesar Chavez in the Santa Barbara County jail back in 1993. I even played checkers with Julio and I don't think I won a single game. That guy was on a whole other level. I didn't know at the time he was a Mexican boxing champion. He was a very nice person. He was generous and gave me a candy bar on a few occasions. That is a very rare gesture in jails and prisons. He had what appeared to be a close associate that never left his side and took care of his need for companionship and conversation. I was reading the bible a lot at the time and I recall suggesting to him that he many not want to fight for the rest of his life, as there were other less destructive ways to achieve success. What did I know? They told me he was a fighter, but it wasn't until years later while recalling the time in jail, that I found out from my dad, an ex gold glove boxer, 82nd AB Paratrooper in Korea, and NW Cascade Smokejumper, he was a national champion. I must have seemed like such a dumb gringo kid to him. True talk. I was told at the time he was in for manslaughter, but the records must have all been classified pre internet era because I can't find anything online to substantiate my story.

I also recall reading the Santa Barbara News Press one day and seeing another boxer got arrested in the late 1990's for beating up the boyfriend of a stripper who worked at the Spearmint Rhino. What struck me was that the boxer was a champ named Fernando Vargas, but he used a golf club to beat his romantic rival instead of his fists.

Chuck Lidell used to walk around Isla Vista while I was a student at UCSB accepting any and all challengers on the street or wherever. I saw a fight or two on film that some students recorded. Not much of a fight really. More like watching a hot knife slice butter.

The closest to the celebrity boxing scene in Santa Barbara was when I was sucker punched in the side of the head while leaving a nightclub on lower State Street.

Comment

Interesting tid-bits of Julio Cesar Chavez Sr. and his links to organized crime.

He was friends/compadre to Amado Carrillo Fuentes "The Lord of the Skies" and Juan José Esparragoza Moreno "El Azul" - Juarez Cartel leader and advisor.

He was also linked to Hector "El Guero" Palma, Sinaloa Cartel founder along with "Chapo" Guzman.

His promoter before Don King, Angel Gutierrez was gunned down in Cancun, Mexico. Supposedly, a drug related adjustment of accounts. Angel Gutierrez had previously been arrested for drug trafficking in Tijuana and then California. He was believed to be a right hand man to Rafael Caro Quintero, Mexico's most famous drug lord of the 80's. One of (3) Sinaloans that founded the Guadalajara Cartel.

A famous human rights activist, Norma Corona, her body was found outside of Chavez' apartment in Tijuana, but Chavez claimed to not have owned the property anymore when it happened.

He was compadre to Francisco Rafael Arellano Felix, founder of the Tijuana Cartel. He carried Chavez' belt to the ring when he fought Camacho and he also worked Chavez' corner when he fought Haugen in Mexico City.

Don King gave a Rolls Royce to Chavez after a fight he won, Chavez gave that car to Francisco Rafael. They were super close, always partied together. Chavez would call Francisco a ***, and Francisco would respond saying that Chavez had a small d*ck. They once traveled to France together. Francisco would joke that Chavez went to consult a doctor, in hopes of getting his d*ck resized.

Francisco owned in Mazatlan, Sinaloa what was known as the most modern and luxurious nightclub in all of Latin America. He had a special room just for Chavez, so no one would bother him, where Chavez would get ****ed up on coke. They even held boxing events at this nightclub.

In 1993, Francisco Rafael was arrested at one of Chavez' houses.

A few months after Chavez beat Giovanni Parisi, he was out with his friends Jesus Sanchez Angulo and his compadre and boxer and his sparring partner, Jesus "El Bebe" Gallardo, 25 wins, 3 losses 23 knockouts. They met up at Holiday Inn in the state of Mexico. In middle of their dinner, Chavez got up to use the men's room when Tijuana Cartel hired gunmen fired against Angulo and Gallardo, killing both. Ramon Arellano himself had hired them to kill Gallardo, over Gallardo snitching that a load of marijuana he got caught transporting belong the Arellano Brothers. Chavez, later, had a baby girl with Gallardo's widow.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...1691&cat=boxer

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.'s wife/girlfriend has a daughter that's "Chapo" Guzman, Sinaloa Cartel leader's granddaughter.

And then Jr. also has been seen hanging out with Sinaloa cartel members.

Francisco Rafael Arellano Felix was released in 2008. Francisco has attended weigh-ins for Chavez' sons under a different name.Omar Chavez was present at the kid party in 2013 when a clown shot and killed Francisco Rafael.

Here's video of when Chavez' compadre Francisco Rafael Arellano Felix was killed.

Post the link that you got this from.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
              Post the link that you got this from.
              There isn't one link I got this from, but from various links and some books I have.

I did just find this: http://www.proceso.com.mx/161823/jc-...ngel-gutierrez

In this link, they talk about Chavez' ex-promoter, Angel Gutierrez. They add that besides Chavez, he managed another 25 fighters. He used boxing as a way to wash drug trafficking money.After his arrest, Chavez visited him in prison. For motives never cleared, Angel was released, and ultimately killed.

It also mentions that Chavez' younger brother and his wive's relative were tortured by judicial police agents for criminal association. Chavez called the state governor of Sinaloa and everything was resolved.

Also, drug trafficker Miguel Angel Rico Urrea assured that the killer of human rights activist, Norma Corona, Santos Arellano Bazán, was hiding in one of Chavez properties.

Mario Alberto González Treviño, Federal Judicial Police commander was Chavez's friend. Chavez even gave him one of his championship belts. The commander was imprisoned for being the intellectual author of Norma Corona's killing.

I have also read that "El Guero" Palma, Sinaloa Cartel co-founder, as responsible for her death. Commander Mario Alberto González Treviño covered up a lot of "Guero's" criminal activities.

Los Tigres del Norte sing a song about Norma's death.

Comment

There isn't one link I got this from, but from various links and some books I have.

I did just find this: http://www.proceso.com.mx/161823/jc-...ngel-gutierrez

In this link, they talk about Chavez' ex-promoter, Angel Gutierrez. They add that besides Chavez, he managed another 25 fighters. He used boxing as a way to wash drug trafficking money.After his arrest, Chavez visited him in prison. For motives never cleared, Angel was released, and ultimately killed.

It also mentions that Chavez' younger brother and his wive's relative were tortured by judicial police agents for criminal association. Chavez called the state governor of Sinaloa and everything was resolved.

Also, drug trafficker Miguel Angel Rico Urrea assured that the killer of human rights activist, Norma Corona, Santos Arellano Bazán, was hiding in one of Chavez properties.

Mario Alberto González Treviño, Federal Judicial Police commander was Chavez's friend. Chavez even gave him one of his championship belts. The commander was imprisoned for being the intellectual author of Norma Corona's killing.

I have also read that "El Guero" Palma, Sinaloa Cartel co-founder, as responsible for her death. Commander Mario Alberto González Treviño covered up a lot of "Guero's" criminal activities.

Los Tigres del Norte sing a song about Norma's death.

Did you live in Mexico?

Comment

why is this a surprise?? sr came up from the streets, made it big in boxing. he was at one point, the face of mexico. so why wouldnt he have ties to the cartels? sr. aint no saint.

Comment

Boxing and the streets go hand in hand. No surprise really.

Jake Lamotta Marciano had mob ties too.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                      Did you live in Mexico?
                      Lived...... .

Comment

Working...
                      X