No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Crawford's Speed Was Too Much, We Needed a KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
    Lmaooo did you just compare bums like vargas and postol to DSG who would beat Crawford postol is not a threat as he only beat a bum in lucas who DSG been took the kids soul Crawford will stay at 140 and wait it out before going to 147 DSG will beat Crawford if they ever meet in a great fight but Crawford is too small and DSG is also a complete fighter but bigger and stronger and actually beat top guys
    Crawford will beat Danny hand down. I like danny but he is not fast enough and really not that special. He beat a week 140 class in my opinion. Had he beat a Manny or something then we could talk.
    Danny gets beat by Porter,thurman, probably Brook. And others at 147. Jmho. Danny can beat vargas thats about it. Bradley would be a good starting point for Danny.

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
      its not just crawfords speed its his power, defense, footwork. Crawford is a complete fighter. Anyone who thought Postol was going to win obviously hasn't been watching Crawford or Postol fight. Postol is a Danny Garcia/ Jessie Vargas type fighter which is a fighter that is well rounded and does everything pretty well but isn't really great at anything. Crawford has great power, speed, defense ect. I can't wait to see Crawford move up and see what he can do at 147. I don't see anyone at 147 giving him too many problems either. I think he wipes the floor with Keith Thurman, Kell Brook, and everyone else.
      You could be right, I see Crawford evolving into a Mayweather replica - the movement this fight was very reminiscent. I for one would not want to see him fight too much more if he is going to fight in this style - it almost takes the contact out of a contact sport. I think Crawford would walk all over DSG right now. Give him a year and he will be too mobile and athletic for anyone except maybe Spence - depending on how he develops.

Comment

a bunch of boxing movies are what some fans expect as "real boxing" (ROCKY) They dont appreciate "BOXING" they think everyone is supposed to take an hellacious beating to be a good boxer, in that case why practice defense and why bother with records.

Comment

Crawford was fast because Postol was as slow as a turtle. Crawford ran all night while Postol plodded. The fight was boring.

Comment

Originally posted by redmyth79 View Post
            Crawford will beat Danny hand down. I like danny but he is not fast enough and really not that special. He beat a week 140 class in my opinion. Had he beat a Manny or something then we could talk.
            Danny gets beat by Porter,thurman, probably Brook. And others at 147. Jmho. Danny can beat vargas thats about it. Bradley would be a good starting point for Danny.
            Not a Danny fan whatsoever but even I can see that what I just read is totally and utterly, rubbish!

How can you play down Garcia based on his resume and then compare him to guys who have resume's not too diifferent from those of a prospect?

I mean, aint saying those guys would definitely lose or but aint no way they are more proven than Danny.

Comment

its not just crawfords speed its his power, defense, footwork. Crawford is a complete fighter. Anyone who thought Postol was going to win obviously hasn't been watching Crawford or Postol fight.
              Postol, never was that good, he did upset Mathysse but that's it, Mathysse was his first world championship.

Postol is a not an experienced fighter and only uses straight punches wich is not really hard for a very good fighter like Crawford to figure out.

Postol has qualities, don't get me wrong, but I never understood why this fight was a "superfight" since I don't see Postol as a "superfighter".

Postol is a Danny Garcia/ Jessie Vargas type fighter which is a fighter that is well rounded and does everything pretty well but isn't really great at anything. Crawford has great power, speed, defense ect.
              Danny Garcia is on a different level, he has at least great intangibles and great power.

I can't wait to see Crawford move up and see what he can do at 147. I don't see anyone at 147 giving him too many problems either. I think he wipes the floor with Keith Thurman, Kell Brook, and everyone else.
              Crawford is a man with very good skills, he's calm and smart fighter + he has been outsizing his main opponents so nobody has been able to really match him.
              Don't know for yesterday but Crawford usually comes on fight night at 152, Postol 148.

At 147, his size won't help him anymore.
              He isn't moping the floor with 147 top guys like you pretend, I haven't seen yet such power in Crawford's arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by redmyth79 View Post
                I agree 100% there's no way Garcia would beat Crawford, Garcia would struggle with Jessie Vargas lol. People need to fact check and realize there is a reason Garcia avoid Postol when Postol was his mandatory for forever in a day. Danny didn't want them problems.

Comment

why would you underestimate your opponent??? you never do that! even if you did, you dont come out and tell the whole world about it. thats a rookie move, to underestimate your oppoenent.

Comment

the problem is you c0ckroach, always arrogant when it comes to judging your opponents and that arrogance feeds back into the fighter, then always say you are surprised how good they are when your man loses.

Comment

Working...
                    X