Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG fought at 4 weight classes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are still comparing GGG moving up from 160 by adding flab at age 34 to other fighters moving up at age 17 from flyweight.

The copout will be "amateur doesn't count" like he can control the dimensions of his skeleton.

It's all a moot point anyway because weight division hopping is SISSY **** and the reason we never have unified champions.

If you're in a tough spot just jump to another division and KO some vulnerable opponent then sit on their belt saying you aren't fighting in that division "full time". People idolize that. They're easily conned.

Comment

139, 147, 156 & 165?

I don't think this sorta thing is uncommon. What is uncommon is GGG being within 3 or 4lbs or so in all his pro fights over a decade plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Craveman View Post
        Exactly what I was thinking. I've always thought Manny was the only guy to do this. However we mustn't forget that he did it professionally at world champion level.
        I'm sure those other fighters I referred to could have beaten some champions in their division as 18 or 20 year olds, especially in the lower divisions, where many Asian fighters become champs.

Comment

According to his amateur records on boxrec.

So he has not really been in one weight class all his boxing career. Just pointing it out for those who do not know.
          In that case Mayweather fought at ten weight classes, lmao!

You're a joke man.

Comment

Originally posted by #feelthebern View Post
            People are still comparing GGG moving up from 160 by adding flab at age 34 to other fighters moving up at age 17 from flyweight.

The copout will be "amateur doesn't count" like he can control the dimensions of his skeleton.

It's all a moot point anyway because weight division hopping is SISSY **** and the reason we never have unified champions.

If you're in a tough spot just jump to another division and KO some vulnerable opponent then sit on their belt saying you aren't fighting in that division "full time". People idolize that. They're easily conned.
            So now division hoping is sissy???lol

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
              So now division hoping is sissy???lol
              Yeah for the reason he stated. If you're gonna move up to fight paper champion for example. See Canelo vs Cotto or even worse look at Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                In that case Mayweather fought at ten weight classes, lmao!

You're a joke man.
                How am I a joke? Facts are facts.

Comment

Yeah for the reason he stated. If you're gonna move up to fight paper champion for example. See Canelo vs Cotto or even worse look at Broner.
                  Only thing is "WHO HAS GGG BEATEN?" talk about paper champ..his WBA title was a "VACANT TITLE" and he won the IBF from Lemiuex who won a "VACANT" title..GGG'S entire title collection is paper

Comment

WTF???

Comment

You mean he didn't come out the womb at 158 lbs 10 oz?

Comment

Working...
                      X