• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are Plyometrics?

What Is And What Does It Do?

Originally posted by triggerhappy
    Plyometrics are used for conditioning.

They increase power/strength/speed and plyometrics vary...

Mostly medicine ball routines and a lot of jumping and interval training.

Holyfield does them a lot, like in the gym he would have boxes at multiple heights and jump the hell out of them good for explosivenes.....

Their is a plethora of plyometric exercises though...

Im not to fond of them and cant give an extensive knowledge about them, however I do remember someone around these waters that will be able to fill you in more then I possibly can.

Comment

Thanks For The Reply And Maybe I Can Get Other Replys From Other People.

Comment

They're just tuck jumps. Jump and touch ur knees with ur chest as fast as you can. start of by doing 20 x4 rounds of them 15-30 sec rest. Then gradually increase the number of jumps as u get conditioned with them, or hold a medicine ball. Theyre a great intense exercise.

Comment

Plyometrics is a form of training used mainly for explosion, power, and balance. It helps a lot with improving explosiveness while maintaining endurance and is used for training in a lot of differents sports (i know basketball, baseball, and track use it a lot). Basically, it involves high-paced repetition of one simple exercise in a short period of time.

Some of the best exercises are things like side to side or
          forward and back over an outsretched rope as quick as possible, jumping on and off of a 1-3 foot box and squatting on each landing (good for balance and coordination), jumping as far forward as possible several times in a row, side jumping over hurdles with feet toghether, passing a medicine ball back and forth very quickly, and throwing it high in the air directly overhead and catching in a squat position.

Those are a lot of the main exercises in plyometrics; they make for a pretty intense workout that can always be improved upon.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerhappy
            Here's a link that might answer some of your questions about plyometrics. http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/plymo.htm
            Go down to about just a little bit past the middle of the page and there will be some plyometric excercises. Hope it helps.

Comment

Working...
            X