Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Ali ever hurt in his fight with Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
    He said it was the closest to death he's ever felt, so I'm gonna imagine he was hurt, he just didn't show it.

he said that about the thrilla in manilla if memory serves right. he took punishment on the ropes in the foreman fight, but it wasn't on the level of some of his more grueling fights.

the thrilla in manilla might be the most gruesome two way fight i've ever seen. usually when a guy is beaten to death it's in a one sided fight. those two could have beaten each other to death. scary stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Nope, he never cheated. Smelling salts were perfectly legal then.

they were a game-changer IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        I am to be corrected. I knew it was one of the two, I thought it was the Foreman fight.

Theres no way those body shots didnt hurt him.... though Im unsure if TS meant visibly stunned.
        Yeah they looked nasty.

It's been a while since I watched it but I can't remember any really hard flush shots landing on Ali so much that he was ever in serious trouble, definitely the big clubs to the body that had me wincing. Ali did an excellent job of keeping a tight guard and using his gloves and arms to win the day.

Comment

round 5 is the one to watch, showed y alis the greatest. George layed in to his body like he was a heavy bag and ali comes back at the end, legend. Sayin that though foreman did the best he could but he also at the heat and crowd against him, ali jus sucked the life out of him that fight

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            Yeah they looked nasty.

It's been a while since I watched it but I can't remember any really hard flush shots landing on Ali so much that he was ever in serious trouble, definitely the big clubs to the body that had me wincing. Ali did an excellent job of keeping a tight guard and using his gloves and arms to win the day.

the real question; does he roll punches better than lucas matthysse?

Comment

Theres no way those body shots didnt hurt him.... though Im unsure if TS meant visibly stunned.
              I've no doubt they hurt.....I'm thinking the TS is meaning hurt as in staggered/wobbled/buzzed ect.

Poet

Comment

Foreman was reshaping heavybags. no doubt Ali had to suck it up during the fight. he conditioned himself for that, though, allowing guys to pound his body in the sparring ring.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  the real question; does he roll punches better than lucas matthysse?
                  i'm afraid not.

Comment

i'm afraid not.

if you can believe it, i meant to send that reply to the thread about the fighting giraffe. slick vet came from behind for a knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Ironfist View Post
                      Ali had to cheat to beat a 188 pounder, Henry Cooper...Took smelling salt to revive, what a joke he was.
                      Ali didn't cheat in that fight, angelo dundee cheated, he slit open ali's glove on purpose so he could get 5 min to recover.

Comment

Working...
                      X