No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Helenius vs Williams Early Results: Evensen Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Helenius vs Williams Early Results: Evensen Wins

Ice Hall, Helsinki, Finland - Featherweight contender Andreas Evensen (17-2-1, 6KOs) continues his run with a ten round unanimous decision over Philippe Frenois (15-7-1). The scores were 100-90, 100-90 and 99-91.

[Click Here To Read More]

Helenius is a bum. All the jugdes were Finnish, what a joke of a fight and Helenius almost got knocked out by Sherman.

Comment

That fight put me to sleep.

Comment

I don´t anymore believe in the hand injury against Chisora, he looked equally bad or even worse in this fight, actually LOT worse, he almost got knocked out. It was just an excuse for bad performance. Yet another bum is exosed. The thing is that Sherman didnt have any ambition to KO him and finnish the job, he was there just for the money.

Comment

For Helenius to post such a poor, laboured win over a tank-a tin can tank- like Williams shows me once and for all that Helenius is useless. He was 8 inches taller with 6 inch reach advantage. And unbeaten....... Williams is as as bad as you can get a 5'10" heavyweight..

Comment

Gotta love all the kind, understanding boxing fans here.

"He's a bum, he's a bum, he's a bum....etc"

Helenius comes back from a nearly career-ending injury and is understandably tentative and nervous. Totally understandable and he still won the fight.

Williams is a well-known spoiler of fights and it was a bad choice to pick him to return against.

If Helenius doesn't look better in his next fight, I'll criticize him, but not based on this one.

Comment

People are forgetting how tough Sherman Williams really is..

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post
                Gotta love all the kind, understanding boxing fans here.

"He's a bum, he's a bum, he's a bum....etc"

Helenius comes back from a nearly career-ending injury and is understandably tentative and nervous. Totally understandable and he still won the fight.

Williams is a well-known spoiler of fights and it was a bad choice to pick him to return against.

If Helenius doesn't look better in his next fight, I'll criticize him, but not based on this one.
                I agree. He is coming back from a bad injury so he is not to be judged that hard. He was painfully slow though and was very tentative.

He must show a lot of improvement next time out.

Comment

Just watched the highlights. Williams is tricky, he´s almost impossible to hurt with a right hand as he rolls with the punch very well. He made Helenius look even more rusty than he really was and the right hook in rd 6 would have probably knocked out most HWs out there.. the decision was right but the Tank really deserves respect. The beatings he gave Welliver and Holyfield were no lucky accidents!

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                    Just watched the highlights. Williams is tricky, he´s almost impossible to hurt with a right hand as he rolls with the punch very well. He made Helenius look even more rusty than he really was and the right hook in rd 6 would have probably knocked out most HWs out there.. the decision was right but the Tank really deserves respect. The beatings he gave Welliver and Holyfield were no lucky accidents!
                    ->If you have an uppercut you can hurt him.

Helenius would loose to all the other "big" names out there right now. He should give Chisora a rematch in UK. He will never be anything great, he's just a regular bum.

Comment

Working...
                    X