Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir v Calzaghe-who ranks higher historically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are the generations Wlad has fought in....

Generation 1: Lewis , Tyson , Holyfield , David Tua, John Ruiz

Generation 2: Vitali Klitschko, Corrie Sanders , Brewster , Valeuv, Maskeav , Toney , Briggs

Generation 3: Povetkin , Pulev , Wilder , Fury

Translation

Gen1 - Beat Nobody

Gen2 - Lost twice

Gen3 - 2/2

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
      But Joe never lost...48-0
      "But joe never lost"

This is the type of casual fan who sucks on fighter snuts when they are undefeated, which doesnt say much. F8cking Mayweather brainwashed alot of kids into thinking undefeated means something.... GTFOH Robinson lost 19 times and he is the true ATG (Ali can make a case too).

I rate joe top 900~ and Wlad top 40~

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Name a fighter wlad didn't fight over the last 10 years? And no vitali doesn't really count, impossible fight to make
        chisora, arreola, maskaev, toney, valuev. those guys aren't great but either are chagaev, ibragimov, haye etc...povetkin is really the only A level win he has and that was a clear dq and one of the biggest scams i've ever seen. when you have such a weak resume like wlad you should be able to win in style but he's winning by cheating so how much credit do you think he deserves for constantly cheating?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          chisora, arreola, maskaev, toney, valuev. those guys aren't great but either are chagaev, ibragimov, haye etc...povetkin is really the only A level win he has and that was a clear dq and one of the biggest scams i've ever seen. when you have such a weak resume like wlad you should be able to win in style but he's winning by cheating so how much credit do you think he deserves for constantly cheating?
          All those guys sucked... Chisora and arreola never could win big fights... Haye beat both valuev and chisora and Wlad destroyed him...

Byrd 1,2
          Povetkin
          Haye
          Peter 1

All top level wins IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            All those guys sucked... Chisora and arreola never could win big fights... Haye beat both valuev and chisora and Wlad destroyed him...

Byrd 1,2
            Povetkin
            Haye
            Peter 1

All top level wins IMO
            they all sucked but guys like pianetta and mormeck were good? maskaev beat rahman twice, that's better than what haye did but you rank haye higher why? because he's more popular? povetkin and byrd are the best wins of his career thats for sure but the guys after that are all flash in the pan types. so when you take out the povetkin win since it was clearly a cheat job he's left with byrd and a couple flash in the pans. how is that great? then on top of his weak resume you can't just ignore the fact that he cheats almost nonstop in every fight. a weak resume and cheating matter to me. why don't they matter to you? i'm not going to say someone is great if I can clearly seeing them cheating and this isn't just a little advantage, its a huge one. we saw how mediocre wlad was before he developed his clinch tactics. he completely transformed into "dominant" wlad which is to say "cheater" wlad.
            Last edited by daggum; 05-28-2015, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Wladimir. He has the better resume out of the two.

Comment

Wladimir and it is not close. He has shown he can come back from some devastating losses.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  they all sucked but guys like pianetta and mormeck were good? maskaev beat rahman twice, that's better than what haye did but you rank haye higher why? because he's more popular? povetkin and byrd are the best wins of his career thats for sure but the guys after that are all flash in the pan types. so when you take out the povetkin win since it was clearly a cheat job he's left with byrd and a couple flash in the pans. how is that great? then on top of his weak resume you can't just ignore the fact that he cheats almost nonstop in every fight. a weak resume and cheating matter to me. why don't they matter to you? i'm not going to say someone is great if I can clearly seeing them cheating and this isn't just a little advantage, its a huge one. we saw how mediocre wlad was before he developed his clinch tactics. he completely transformed into "dominant" wlad which is to say "cheater" wlad.
                  Wlad's resume isn't great but he has more top level wins than Calzaghe, hence why I rate wlad higher..

Comment

wow wlad winning did not expect that.

Comment

Wlad easily. You can't deny his domination although we wish Vitali didn't fight some of the battles. Still he is a very dominant champion in the biggest division of them all.

Calzaghe could of added names like Pavlik, Dawson, earlier Roy Jones Jr., Hopkins rematch, Glen Johnson, and Antonio Tarver.

Nothing against Calzaghe but I think Wlad is just a more accomplished fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X