No announcement yet.

Anyone into comic books?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USA4LIFE View Post
    I've only been reading comics for about 2 years now and I can honestly say they are way better than most TV and movies, such better developed characters and way more creative stories, I only really watch TV for a few shows and my sports now, allow me to add my two cents.

Honestly dude I would say stay away from X-Men unless you are willing to spend some serious cash on trade paperbacks, X-men has such a ridiculous convoluted history it almost requires you have some decent knowledge of X-History.

If you are gonna pick up an X book, the best by far in my opinion and it's only 10 issues in is Uncanny X-Force. The art is amazing and the first story arc was simply epic. To sum up the first story arc, Wolverine, Psylocke, Deadpool, Archangel, and Fantomex team up to kill (yes this team kills people) the mutant version of the antichrist named Apocalypse who's been reincarnated by a cult into the body of a 10 year old boy and whether they can actually go through with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Uncanny-X-Forc...6024903&sr=8-1

I'll recommend some more if you want.
    You actually have good points. Unless you know the changing lineups in the X-Men cast you'd probably be like what the ****.

But that series is hands down the greatest ever.

All of the additions, etc etc. But not to read cliche Wolverine is the greatest comic book character of all time on some level.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Seriously...

It's seriously brilliant. Also you might want to try

And I'm currently reading

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        Seriously...

I've never read Preacher. But I recognize Garth Ennis as one of the writers. I've read the majority of his Punisher MAX series. Pretty badass. His Punisher stories don't mess around.

Comment

Read stuff from the Ultimate Marvel universe. Less expansive history to catch up on. Also, You HAVE to read Frank Miller's Batman: Year One and his Daredevil run from the late 1970's. As far as superhero comics go, he's the GOAT.

Comment

When I was younger, I liked Green Lantern, The Flash, and Captain America.Now, I just like Green Lantern, and after all the retconning and the official DC reboot, that will probably change as well.Can't see Sinestro as being a Green Lantern again.

Comment

Detective Comics is usually good, and occasionally Batman is OK.

Good time to jump into DC, they are rebooting everything w/ new #1 issues.

Marvel bores me now, Wolverine used to cool, like 20 yrs ago

Same w/ Hulk

Comment

I always thought comics were gay, but Ive been watching all the old X-Men cartoons with my kids and I honestly wish I had picked up comics back in the day.

Comment

read graphic novels so you can fool yourself and feel mature while doing it...

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    Seriously...

Weird. I just downloaded the Dredd case files and currently reading Preacher issue 63.

Comment

i use to read some when i was in my early teens. it usually was marvel comics, i remember being into late 80s/early 90s spiderman ones, i still have a bunch to this day. if you want to pick some up, just go to a comic book store and they usually have boxes full of ones for $0.50 or $1, start off like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X