Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Julio Cesar Chavez just a "crude face first brawler" (not my words)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
    He out boxed one of the best "boxers" of all time, Hector Camacho

Are you Poets mommy?
    Camacho wasn't one of the best boxers of all time, and your the same guy who thinks Roy Jones is the GOAT? And Camacho was just being stalked and beaten up, not outboxed, if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by RubenSonny; 12-06-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

at Chavez being just like Margarito and Gatti.

Comment

Originally posted by rubensonnny View Post
        Camacho wasn't one of the best boxers of all time, and your the same guy who thinks Roy Jones is the GOAT? And Camacho was just being stalked and beaten up, not outboxed, if I remember correctly.
        Man he was cutting off the ring beautiful and outlanding Camacho all night. Camacho couldn't do anything because Chavez was pressuring and Countering Camacho all night. Hitting him first a lot even tho Camacho had the speed advantage

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
          Man he was cutting off the ring beautiful and outlanding Camacho all night. Camacho couldn't do anything because Chavez was pressuring and Countering Camacho all night. Hitting him first a lot even tho Camacho had the speed advantage
          What is your point?

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
            Margarito and Chavez's style mirror each other yet people consider Margarito a one dimensional fighter. I'd say that both fighters Margarito and Chavez both would take there opponents best shots and keep pressuring nonstop. Exactly why I expect Margarito to get stopped against Cotto, Margarito's taken too much punishment and from quality opponents.
            Are you kidding me?

Comment

Chavez had a great left hook to the body that would come out at any time. He also could lead with the right and his jab wasn't bad either. His defense was very subtle and he rolled and counter when he got hit. He is not by no means a face first brawler

Comment

Margarito and Chavez's style mirror each other yet people consider Margarito a one dimensional fighter.

Chavez had great boxing skills. Had very good defense but he wasnt defensive savant like sweet pea or willy pep (very few are) but to say that he is a face first brawler the likes of margarito is really exposing your lack of knowledge of the type of fighter Julio Cesar Chavez was or your lack of knowledge for the sweet science

Comment

Margarito and Chavez's style mirror each other yet people consider Margarito a one dimensional fighter. I'd say that both fighters Margarito and Chavez both would take there opponents best shots and keep pressuring nonstop. Exactly why I expect Margarito to get stopped against Cotto, Margarito's taken too much punishment and from quality opponents.
                  Nice observation, Mr. I just started watching boxing yesterday...

Comment

Originally posted by rubensonnny View Post
                    Chavez boxing skills being underrated have caused them to be overrated, people describe his boxing skills as being great - they weren't, they were good. He never outboxed any decent boxer, obviously his inside skills were a thing to behold though. I don't agree with poets assessment of him but I do agree that he was very lucky in many instances. Poets a good and knowledgeable poster though.

Jose Luis Ramirez and Rocky Lockridge were certainly alot more than just "decent".Chavez also outboxed Frankie Randall in patches during their their rematch.

Poet most certinly isn't a "good and knowledgeable poster".

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
                      Would you agree with this claim?

And goes even further:

To me,this claim is just complete nonsense.His dominantion of Edwin Rosario is arguably the most clinical and text-book display of pressure and inside fighting that has ever been displayed inside the ring.

Just watch the final round here:

His performances against Rocky Lockridge and Jose Luis Ramirez,aside from displaying his underrated counter punching ability,also showcased his versatility as a fighter,as he used angles and boxed off of the backfoot to great success.He also showed this in flashes against Frankie Randall in their rematch,where he was no longer the fighter that he had been four or five years previously.

that was against an out of prime b class fighter. why don't you show them the Tyzu and Dela hoya fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X