No announcement yet.

Official Larry Bird or Scottie Pippen thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    Playing with Jordan does that to you. You and I both know if Scotie was playing with any other squad his stats would be way higher than they are now. Saying that Larry was superior.
    Likewise Larry would've had more rings if he had Jordan on his team.

Comment

Playing with Jordan does that to you. You and I both know if Scotie was playing with any other squad his stats would be way higher than they are now. Saying that Larry was superior.
      i can see the whole playing with jordan excuse working for the finals and regular season MVPs

but if pippen was the #1 guy to cover on his team, i think his stats would have been much worse...

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
        Likewise Larry would've had more rings if he had Jordan on his team.
        Absolutely, he would be much lower in the stats department though.

Comment

This isn't even debate worthy. Scottie himself is overrated as all hell. People that just assume Scottie without Jordan would be some world beater, all I gotta say to you is STATS. If Scottie wanted to be the man he coulda went somewhere else and proved it. Rodman>Pippen.

Comment

This is debatable SB. You could argue that Scottie became who he was primarily because of Jordan. I really don't see Scottie carrying a team on his back.

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
              that takes balls, i must admit!
              well remember i wasn't born in los angeles.

plus when you're that age you don't really have a team yet , you follow superstars.

i didn't become a lakers fan 'til 1991.

i didn't want mj to EVER win a title. EVER.

i rooted for the lakers hard against the bulls in vain.

but after that , that's when i became a real lakers fan.

Comment

Pippen.

Nah, Bird. <_<

Comment

Originally posted by -veteran420- View Post
                  i can see the whole playing with jordan excuse working for the finals and regular season MVPs

but if pippen was the #1 guy to cover on his team, i think his stats would have been much worse...
                  It really isn't an excuse, its a fact. Put Kevin Durant on the Lakers or Cavs and he will not be scoring 30 points a game every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay Puft View Post
                    well remember i wasn't born in los angeles.

plus when you're that age you don't really have a team yet , you follow superstars.

i didn't become a lakers fan 'til 1991.

i didn't want mj to EVER win a title. EVER.

i rooted for the lakers hard against the bulls in vain.

but after that , that's when i became a real lakers fan.
                    jordan was the only thing i liked about basketball... i havent really followed it since he left

if the lakers were on the east coast (more importantly, Kobe) i'd probably follow him...

he's the next best thing to jordan i've ever seen

IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                      This isn't even debate worthy. Scottie himself is overrated as all hell. People that just assume Scottie without Jordan would be some world beater, all I gotta say to you is STATS. If Scottie wanted to be the man he coulda went somewhere else and proved it. Rodman>Pippen.
                      He was a loyal Bulls player. Scottie is an ATG, Rodman was a freak show that could defend like no other. Yoy just upping Rodaman since he was a piston.

Comment

Working...
                      X