Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Robberies in Boxing, Having More Often lately?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Robberies in Boxing, Having More Often lately?

I watch the sport for a real long time and I cant think of a period of time where its been happening the most as of right now, mind you I was not watching boxing in the 50's, 60's, 70's

To me who is just a boxing fan, I am getting tired of the bull**** cause robberies end up giving the wrong fighter the title shot, etc . So **** belts. I mean Belts are nice when the sport can self moderate.

Hard to tell. A lot of boxing was straight up ran by the mob back in the old days.

Comment

Yep, some legislation is needed like in Brasil where fixing or altering sport matches is a typified crime. Fans and spectators but mainly BOXERS need some respect, cash cows have way too much influence.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
        Hard to tell. A lot of boxing was straight up ran by the mob back in the old days.
        Hahaha yea... and you're thinking about decisions being robberies... what about people taking dives.
        IMO, probably worse back then

Comment

I dont know but something gots to happen..... like a rico act or some ****.. cause alot of money is put on fight

Comment

there have been a number this year. Helenius-Chisora, Macklin-Sturm and Lara-Williams being the worst offenders.

I don't think it compares to the early days of boxing though, doesn't get much more corrupt than having the mafia control much of the sport.

Comment

Some Boxing commisions and boxing organizations have become a mafia by themselves.

Comment

Just because a favorite has a close fight doesn't mean its a robbery.

Oh and FYI Helenius/Chisora wasn't even close Helenius CLEARLY won

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                  Just because a favorite has a close fight doesn't mean its a robbery.

Oh and FYI Helenius/Chisora wasn't even close Helenius CLEARLY won
                  Yeah, no... but a robbery is a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
                    Yeah, no... but a robbery is a robbery.
                    According to Boxing Scene it is.

Maidana vs Morales close but clear win people here claim it was a robbery.
                    Marquez vs Pacquiao 3 same thing
                    Broner vs Ponce De Leon same thing
                    Sturm vs Macklin same thing

And now tonight this fight wasn't even close yet people are calling it a robbery

Comment

Working...
                    X