No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trout Eyes Mayweather, Top Middleweights After Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trout Eyes Mayweather, Top Middleweights After Canelo

Despite the outcome on April 20th when Austin Trout takes on Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, Trout will have fought the two biggest names currently in his division as he also defeated Puerto Rican superstarMiguel Cotto late last year.

Trout is 110% focused on Canelo but when he was on the most recent edition of BoxingScene Radio, he was asked what fights he would pursue if he was victorious considering he would’ve already faced the two biggest names at Junior Middleweight.

“You know there's still plenty of names in the 154 pound division. There's a lot of name, it’s a stacked division. And if not 154, we got the middleweights right there that have a bunch of names. [Sergio] Maravilla [Martinez], [Gennady] GGG [Golvokin], and even [Matthew] Macklin and [Martin] Murray and all these guys. I don't think there's a shortage of people to fight” said Trout. [Click Here To Read More]

As much as I think 3G is overhyped I actually fancy his chances against Trout. Ive always looked at Trout as just a pretty good boxer. Not really great at one thing.

Comment

lol Mayweather will blatantly duck Trout if he beats Canelo.

Comment

I'd like to see Trout stay at 154 if he beats Canelo. There's no shortage of fights to be made there. Interesting names he tossed out there, though.

Comment

Can't wait for this fight...

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY
            I'd like to see Trout stay at 154 if he beats Canelo. There's no shortage of fights to be made there. Interesting names he tossed out there, though.
            I think I've read somewhere that making 154 is becoming harder for him. I think it was IronDan who said something like that.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

If he beats Canelo Canelo gets a rematch from what I understand.
              Floyd most likely stays at welterweight, he can hardly make 150 these days. Trout also struggles to get down, he's huge.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Blah blah blah

Trout will be at 160 soon.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Of course he will. Trout is very naive to think Mayweather will face him.

Comment

Everyone seems to be hung-ho about Trout.
                    What's the big deal? Cotto has been shot since the Margarito fight. He was dead meat in the 2nd fight if they let it go another round.
                    He's nothing. Beating him means nothing.
                    Canelo man-handles Mosley, and no one has done that. This is an easy fight for Canelo. He'll knock him out in 5.

Comment

Working...
                    X