Marquez calls Mayweather a "runner"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez calls Mayweather a "runner"

Link: http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-la...ather-a-runner

Speaking to the thousands who gathered for today’s presser, Marquez claims to not be thinking back to the bitter feeling of suffering defeat to Pacquiao three and a half years ago.

“Nothing is in the future,” said Marquez. “Nothing in the past. November 12th will only be the present.”

A fierce rival with Pacquiao inside of the ring, Marquez shows no ill feelings towards him outside of the ropes and has also been welcomed by the masses during his recent trek to the Philippines. Marquez would also add that Pacquiao truly fights with his heart while taking a jab at former foe Floyd Mayweather, claiming he doesn’t fight, but runs.

Mayweather defeated Marquez easily via unanimous decision two years ago after Marquez made the leap from lightweight to welterweight. Mayweather came in two pounds over the contracted 144-pound weight limit and it was obvious that Marquez wasn’t comfortable carrying the extra pounds.

The Pacquiao fight will also be contested at 144 pounds but Marquez is working on coming in stronger this time around and will be laying everything on the line, as is always the case with him.

“I don’t know what will happen [on] November 12th, but I will prepare and be ready for victory,” the three-division champion from Mexico City added.

The first two battles were both controversial and exciting, with each man claiming victory after each showdown, and Pacquiao admits that he is out to erase any questions as to who is the superior fighter.

“I want to wipe away any doubt on who has won. All questions will be answered,” stated Pacquiao.

Next stop for the tour is this Tuesday in New York City.
    Last edited by Spoon23; 09-03-2011, 10:35 PM.

oh my god another fight w/ no trash-talking. no hype. no hate.

LAMMMEEEE.

Comment

Yeah right Marquez, u one of my favorite fighters but Floyd didn't run against u...he actually took it easy on u!! With the size advantage he had, he didn't use it. It's funny how people still said he ran against Mosley too.

Comment

Runners don't win fights. Just ask Mosley.

Comment

Floyd damn sure did run against Marquez. I regret watching that fight live, I'm glad I didn't pay for it tho

Comment

Great thread my friend!

It's common knowledge amongst the boxing community that Mayweather is indeed a boring and scared fighter - he fights like it. And this is said by professional athletes and fans alike.

Comment

but, but, but, how can he win if he is running?

Comment

Originally posted by Las Vegas View Post
                Great thread my friend!

It's common knowledge amongst the boxing community that Mayweather is indeed a boring and scared fighter - he fights like it. And this is said by professional athletes and fans alike.
                You fit into the professional athletes category right? with all that jogging you do?

Comment

I agree with Marquez......

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                    Runners don't win fights. Just ask Mosley.

Comment

Working...
                    X