Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Roger Gonzalez a test for Gamboa or should Gamboa walk right through him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cruzan mario View Post
    I stand corrected,I always thought,"IRON CHIN"meant u could take the shot standing up,not dragging urself off the canvas,my bad!!
    so did i but the calzaghe brigade has redefined many words. such as "iron chin" and "power"

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      so did i but the calzaghe brigade has redefined many words. such as "iron chin" and "power"
      Know that u put it that way,ur right!!

Comment

gamboa more than likely a stoppage tko

Comment

Gamboa SHOULD win this, he shouldn't lose until he faces a power puncher, when he will go down.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            He is a good opponent for Gamboa and is dangerous, the guy has plenty of skills. On the down side as you mentioned he's been stopped two times and I'm sure that's one of the reasons he was picked as an opponent as gamboa will be looking to win in impressive fashion.

Say what you will about Gamboa but the quality of opponents he's faced is fantastic for a guy with 12 fights. I mean his third pro fight was against a guy with 50+ fights under his belt.

If fact, here is the record of all the guys he's face (most recent to oldest):

27 - 2
            25-0
            27-3
            23-2-2
            13-1-1
            7-4-2
            19-2
            25-1
            7-4-1
            12-5-2
            40-11
            7-0
            6-1

Or a combined record of:
            238-29-8

That's pretty impressive imo, despite all his experience in the ametures
            that's extremely impressive!
            Hopefully they don't push him too fast too soon.. though IMO the guy should be ready for a title fight soon.

Comment

this guy was brought in to make gamboa look good. gamboa is already 27, he should be moved along faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                that's extremely impressive!
                Hopefully they don't push him too fast too soon.. though IMO the guy should be ready for a title fight soon.
                First record I've ever seen that didn't have a single losing record or pro debuter on it. I think he'll be ready for a title shot later this year. If they're smart, they'll put him in with someone like Steven Luevano, the FW WBO title holder. A southpaw, but not too tall and not a lot of power.

Comment

Working...
                X