Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't the tallest boxer Julius "The Towering Inferno" Long become HW champion?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing he has a 90 inch reach just makes it even more freakish that Sonny Liston had an 84 inch reach.

Comment

Another giant is Marcellus Brown:

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Another giant is Marcellus Brown:

I could post 1000 videos of fighters the size of Mayweather that never became a champion. Just because the klitschko's are the best of the big guys doesn't mean their size isn't an advantage against smaller fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          Just because the klitschko's are the best of the big guys doesn't mean their size isn't an advantage against smaller fighters.
          Well, if size is all that matters, explain how Chagaev beat Valuev?

How did Sam Peter KO Julius Long in round 1?

Comment

haha.....I remember seeing Long fight in-person at a small ballroom a couple years back.

With the elevated ring and low ceiling....his head was nearly touching the lights LOL.

annnnd then he was touching the canvas as he was ko'ed. LOL

Comment

Are you trying to be dumb? Why does boxing have weight divisions? Size is an advantage. As i said in my previous post it's rare to see fighters the size of the Klitschkos with such natural athletic ability because there's far fewer people of that size in the world. But when they do come along like the Klitschkos, Lewis, Bowe their size is a big advatage when fighting smaller fighters. Ali was more talented than any of those i mentioned but they would probably beat him because of their size.

Comment

Oh and you really shouldn't bring Valuev up because the only reason he became a title holder at all was down to his size he didn't have much ability at all.

Comment

Working...
                X