No announcement yet.

guida vs pettis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spit Dialect View Post
    This is MMA, you can't complain about Guida a WRESTLER doing what he knows best.

Pettis couldn't keep him off of him and couldn't stop the take down. He did well off his back defending the ground and pound but Guida also defended the subs very well.

Styles my friends, it's what happened in this fight. Guida dominated this fight and Pettis had no answer for him.

What did you want Guida to do, stand with Pettis and get KO'd?
    but what exactly did guida do to win ? i dont know but its hard to call that a fight cuz in a fight you try to damage your opponent. guidas strategy was to take him down and lay on top, not letting pettis stand up and punch. i agree that pettis didnt do anything too so i think it shouldve been a ****in draw

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      lol, actually..... yes. Yes he should stand up and get KO'd.

Guida loss his warrior status if you ask me. He isn't a warrior anymore. He can be considered a good fighter but warrior, no. He gets scared shytless of Gomi and now the UFC-rookie Pettis.
      So you want him to come in with a game plan that basically guarantees his loss? I understand your frustration but this is part of MMA and boxing. Reason why fighters like St. Pierre and Mayweather aren't the most popular at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by southcentralcar View Post
        but what exactly did guida do to win ? i dont know but its hard to call that a fight cuz in a fight you try to damage your opponent. guidas strategy was to take him down and lay on top, not letting pettis stand up and punch. i agree that pettis didnt do anything too so i think it shouldve been a ****in draw
        I disagree, Guida wasn't effective on top but that wasn't for lack of trying. He didn't just "lay" on Pettis, he was working but Pettis has a great submission and ground and pound defense. Every time Guida postured up to G&P him, Pettis controlled the wrists and wouldn't allow him to do anything.

Again, I understand people's frustration but it's the way styles make fights at times.

Comment

So you want him to come in with a game plan that basically guarantees his loss? I understand your frustration but this is part of MMA and boxing. Reason why fighters like St. Pierre and Mayweather aren't the most popular at all times.
          lol, I said yeah. He should have went out there and get kayo'd. For 2 reasons. Gomi and Bendo. Guida beat Gomi and Bendo loss to Pettis. So essentially, the guy that last beat Gomi would get kayo'd and Pettis would seem legit enough for Bendo to lose against.

I understand the wrestling. Otherwise I wouldn't like Okami so much.

Comment

Guida is lightweight's GSP - boring.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              lol, I said yeah. He should have went out there and get kayo'd. For 2 reasons. Gomi and Bendo. Guida beat Gomi and Bendo loss to Pettis. So essentially, the guy that last beat Gomi would get kayo'd and Pettis would seem legit enough for Bendo to lose against.
              Uh, not really sure what point you're trying to make.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
                Uh, not really sure what point you're trying to make.
                none. he asked should guida have went in there with a gameplan to get a L?

and i said yes. giving the reasons why I think he should have went in there to get knocked out.

Comment

I'm as big a fan of Pettis as anyone, I work like a block away from where he trains in Milwaukee, and have met him like twice. However, Guida won the fight fair and square, not the best fight ever but Guida still did his thing.

Comment

I disagree, Guida wasn't effective on top but that wasn't for lack of trying. He didn't just "lay" on Pettis, he was working but Pettis has a great submission and ground and pound defense. Every time Guida postured up to G&P him, Pettis controlled the wrists and wouldn't allow him to do anything.

Again, I understand people's frustration but it's the way styles make fights at times.
                    Bull****. I've as much understanding of the sport as the next ass hole who went to ****ing high school. I know the fundamentals..where the **** did Guida build to get to? WTF was he doing other than riding and humping? When watching a good wrestler you can usually tell what he was going for even when he fails to get it. Guida was going for Dominate position, and enough work to not get stood up. He wanted Pettis to **** up. He was in no way try to advance by his own means. He wanted to counter-wrestle.........if you'd ever wrestled before you'd know how disgusting that term is. Guida's a ******

Comment

Working...
                    X