Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank Maloney ''Lennox Conceded To All Of Bowe's Demands''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's amusing to me the amount of support that Lennox gets even with the hindsight of knowing that he never fought a top contender at the top of their game. It'd be one thing if he fought a few, but he fought 0 and always makes the excuse that they ducked him. Let's get real guys, how many top contenders who are professional fighters afraid to fight? And why be afraid of Lennox?

It is what it is, there is no need to make excuses for him. Here is what we know.

He never fought a prime top contender
    Every big name on his resume was SHOT
    Lewis claims everybody ducked him

Can we use common sense, or do we just take Lewis at his word? How can anybody say Bowe was scared when Bowe's resume has prime top contenders on it? Lewis' resume doesn't have the same prowess yet people are quick to accuse Bowe of being scared (which is funny to me, because Bowe is leaps and bounds better than Lewis, IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
      Are you saying that Lennox is not the dominant HW of the last 30 years? Id like to know who youd rank above him.

The reason Lennox has so many haters like Sonny is because LL is a man without a country: No one knows if he is Canadien, Jamaican, or Brit.

As an Italian-American who moved to the UK, I can relate to him a lot.
      I wouldn't say so, although you certainly could make the argument. But I said that nobody thinks he's the dominant fighter of the last 30 years. Fighter. Would you say that Lennox Lewis is the most dominant boxer of the last 30 years in any weight class? Because Ricardo Lopez, Roy Jones and Pernell Whitaker would have something to say about that.

Comment

Moloney's word is "carved in stone" and Bowe is a Liar?

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
          It's amusing to me the amount of support that Lennox gets even with the hindsight of knowing that he never fought a top contender at the top of their game. It'd be one thing if he fought a few, but he fought 0 and always makes the excuse that they ducked him. Let's get real guys, how many top contenders who are professional fighters afraid to fight? And why be afraid of Lennox?

It is what it is, there is no need to make excuses for him. Here is what we know.

He never fought a prime top contender

Every big name on his resume was SHOT
          Lewis claims everybody ducked him

Can we use common sense, or do we just take Lewis at his word? How can anybody say Bowe was scared when Bowe's resume has prime top contenders on it? Lewis' resume doesn't have the same prowess yet people are quick to accuse Bowe of being scared (which is funny to me, because Bowe is leaps and bounds better than Lewis, IMO).
          Saying that Lewis never fought a contender is just stupid, I'm just going through his record now, he fought a 32-1 Vitali Klitschko. Let me guess, Vitali was not a contender? He fought prime Tua, was he not a contender? Ok Botha and Rahman never really were that much, I'll give you that one. He destroyed 31-0 Michael Grant in 2 rounds, beat Holyfield twice, ok Mavrovic never really was much but atleast he was prime. Then prime Briggs, prime Golota, prime Mercer, a 48-1 Tony Tucker, and beat Razor Ruddock in 2 rounds.

Were none prime?

Comment

Originally posted by katsidis View Post
            Saying that Lewis never fought a contender is just stupid, I'm just going through his record now, he fought a 32-1 Vitali Klitschko. Let me guess, Vitali was not a contender? He fought prime Tua, was he not a contender? Ok Botha and Rahman never really were that much, I'll give you that one. He destroyed 31-0 Michael Grant in 2 rounds, beat Holyfield twice, ok Mavrovic never really was much but atleast he was prime. Then prime Briggs, prime Golota, prime Mercer, a 48-1 Tony Tucker, and beat Razor Ruddock in 2 rounds.

Were none prime?
            No, because if they were prime, Lewis would have ducked them. He fought Methuselah 45 times and the only reason he had the courage to get in the ring then was because of the steroids. Lennox Lewis actually ducked me in 1993 because I could have poleaxed him. His eyes were totally glassy and he was stumbling around the imaginary ring in his cowardly heart just thinking about my two year old fists of fury.

Comment

Originally posted by katsidis View Post

Were none prime?
              You say my comments are stupid but all you can do is check boxrec. Klitschko is the best name on his resume, as he was prime. The fight was stopped due to a cut. I suppose you also look at Amir Khan's KO of Barrera to be legit as well. I mean a KO is a KO, don't get me wrong, but is that a good gauge of greatness? If Barrera hadn't been cut would he still have lost the fight? If Vitali hadn't been cut would he still have lost? We don't know. Lewis never fought him again, despite the premature stoppage due to a cut.

David Tua was far from his prime. Tua in his prime weight 210-218 pounds. He was obese when he signed to fight Lewis and was only able to cut down to 245 pounds by weigh in. Tua was 30 pounds over his prime weight and if you couldn't tell from looking at him he was past it and very overweight. Watch the fight and look at the roll after roll of fat on David Tua's body. He outweighed Lennox despite being only 5'10.

You have no idea what you're even talking about, it looks like you just went ot boxrec and plucked recognizable names from his resume. The fact that you go on the way that you do proves what I have said to be correct. You have just pulled names from a resume.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                No, because if they were prime, Lewis would have ducked them. He fought Methuselah 45 times and the only reason he had the courage to get in the ring then was because of the steroids. Lennox Lewis actually ducked me in 1993 because I could have poleaxed him. His eyes were totally glassy and he was stumbling around the imaginary ring in his cowardly heart just thinking about my two year old fists of fury.
                You are trying to be condescending but to many boxing fans Lennox Lewis is a coward and not as great as many in the UK, Canada, etc. claim him to be.

Lennox Lewis, even in his prime, had very few fans outside of his country, and very very few fans in the states.

Comment

You are trying to be condescending but to many boxing fans Lennox Lewis is a coward and not as great as many in the UK, Canada, etc. claim him to be.

Lennox Lewis, even in his prime, had very few fans outside of his country, and very very few fans in the states.
                  Oh don't worry about it, I'm just having some fun with you guys. I don't really care either way about Lewis, actually. I think he was a great fighter who's overrated by some, underrated by some. Good right hand, good tactical skills, good at using his natural advantages, but chinny.

Comment

You say my comments are stupid but all you can do is check boxrec. Klitschko is the best name on his resume, as he was prime. The fight was stopped due to a cut. I suppose you also look at Amir Khan's KO of Barrera to be legit as well. I mean a KO is a KO, don't get me wrong, but is that a good gauge of greatness? If Barrera hadn't been cut would he still have lost the fight? If Vitali hadn't been cut would he still have lost? We don't know. Lewis never fought him again, despite the premature stoppage due to a cut.

David Tua was far from his prime. Tua in his prime weight 210-218 pounds. He was obese when he signed to fight Lewis and was only able to cut down to 245 pounds by weigh in. Tua was 30 pounds over his prime weight and if you couldn't tell from looking at him he was past it and very overweight. Watch the fight and look at the roll after roll of fat on David Tua's body. He outweighed Lennox despite being only 5'10.

You have no idea what you're even talking about, it looks like you just went ot boxrec and plucked recognizable names from his resume. The fact that you go on the way that you do proves what I have said to be correct. You have just pulled names from a resume.
                    Of course I dont thinkKhans KO over barrera was legit, although i do think Khan would have won though.

Tua was only 30+ above what he normally was because he even admitted he thought he could KO Lennox in the first few rounds and thought he wouldnt need to lose the weight. Thats the only reason why he's still kicking around now, because he wants to make up for not training against Lewis in his big shot to win a world title. I will try to find the interview where I heard this somewhere.

I only used boxrec to look at his resume lol, I wasnt saying i know everything about the guy.

I just find it stupid to see how people refuse to see how Bowe refused to face Lewis. The guy would rather throw his title in the bin rather than face Lennox, how is that hard to understand?

Comment

great post Carlos...

Comment

Working...
                      X