Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a greater/better legacy? hatton or judah?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    So some how he was a good fighter against Floyd and Zab and then 3 fighters he is completely shot. Without having taking a severe beating. I have never heard of anything like that before.

Lazcano was a LW. This man was a true WW. Hatton won 10rds against Lazcano.

Clottey doesen't KO anybody. He chouldn't KO a shot Corrales(RIP). Who out of his weightclass. When was the last time Clottey KO'd somebody?

All Baldomir has is a chin. I give him that. He has toughness and a granite chin. But, he has nothing after that. He has no power none. He has no speed none. He has no footwork none at all. Please tell what makes him a good name. IMO the only reason you say he is a good name is cuz he lossed to Floyd. If Floyd never had fought Baldomir I honestly believe you would not of been here trying to defend. But, only cuz Floyd has him on his resume makes him a good name. When actually he was just a Zab Judah creation.
    Heh interesting accusation. I have been known to defend Mayweather from time to time because sometimes the stuff in this forum just gets out and out outlandish involving pbf. But I don't try to defend him from everything.

Anyway, I was talking about Judah and Hatton here, not Mayweather... PBF just came up because he is on both their resumes...

I believe Baldo is just getting too old. Plus no chin lasts forever. Accumulation of damage adds up. He might not be fully shot, but he is getting there.

But the last guy I recall Clottey stopping was Jose Luis Cruz...the very same guy you say was robbed against Baldo. So... putting the inanity of triangle theories aside for a second... if Clottey could stop Cruz, and Cruz had a controversial draw with Baldo, then why couldn't Clottey stop Baldo if Baldo is such a bad opponent?

Btw... by the same token as your accusation, imo YOU wouldn't be so hard up against Baldomir if he hadn't fought Mayweather. You'd probably be more indifferent to him..and neutrally accept him on to Judah's list with a shrug.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
      Heh interesting accusation. I have been known to defend Mayweather from time to time because sometimes the stuff in this forum just gets out and out outlandish involving pbf. But I don't try to defend him from everything.

Anyway, I was talking about Judah and Hatton here, not Mayweather... PBF just came up because he is on both their resumes...

I believe Baldo is just getting too old. Plus no chin lasts forever. Accumulation of damage adds up. He might not be fully shot, but he is getting there.

But the last guy I recall Clottey stopping was Jose Luis Cruz...the very same guy you say was robbed against Baldo. So... putting the inanity of triangle theories aside for a second... if Clottey could stop Cruz, and Cruz had a controversial draw with Baldo, then why couldn't Clottey stop Baldo if Baldo is such a bad opponent?

Btw... by the same token as your accusation, imo YOU wouldn't be so hard up against Baldomir if he hadn't fought Mayweather. You'd probably be more indifferent to him..and neutrally accept him on to Judah's list with a shrug.
      Baldomir has a way better chin than Cruz. Again thats the only thing Baldomir has. He is very durable I give him that. But, that all he is.

IMO your accusation of me is not valid. In your original list you mentioned Corley. Who I feel is a good name. And, right after Corley fought Zab he fought Floyd as well. Notice I didn't say anything about Corley. Cuz I felt he is a good name. He won legit title and he has good skills. solid speed just a good fighter at the time. And, for the record I think Floyd beat Corley more decisevely than what Zab did. But, anyways is a good. If I would of said something negative about Corley than I think your accusation would have more truth to it. But, I am not like that. I always give credit when is due. And, I don't act like a win is better than what it really is.

Baldomir was not a good name going into the fight. So why would he be a good name on Zab resume. Is like nobody mentions Buster Douglas as a good name on Tyson resume. And, rightfully so Douglas didn't accomplish nothing before Tyson and didn't accomplish nothing after Tyson. And, IMO same as Baldomir. Baldomr was trully a cinderella story and that is all. If we can rewind back to January 2006 would you honestly feel Baldomir was a good name?

Comment

Originally posted by Syf;6559948[B
        ]Baldomir gets a lot of hate I feel, because the elite Mayweather fought him and made him look foolish when people wanted PBF to fight someone else. So, by association.. they talked all this smack about Baldomir and how he was a bad choice and even a bad name for ANYONE to have on their resume. But remember...he BEAT Judah.. and... Went 11 rounds with Clottey (who people list pretty highly in their ww rankings) before winning by DQ. [/B]

Yeah I forgot about Spinks, though...good catch
        Syf, besides an overconfident and underachieving Judah, Baldomir never beat a top fighter who wasn't already shot and out of his natural division. He was losing the Clottey fight when Joshua was still a prospect. I give him credit for stepping up against Judah and was happy he won, but I wouldn't have bet a nickle on him had there been a rematch. Kudos for his "Rocky" like victory. But other than that he's got squat.

Comment

Working...
        X