No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Makes The Long Dubai Trip For Khan-Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Makes The Long Dubai Trip For Khan-Alexander

On Saturday, Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer began the long flight to Dubai, where he plans to meet with investors who are interested in staging an event that will feature IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander (25-1, 14KOs) defending his title against Amir Khan (28-3, 19KOs). The target date is December 7th.

Over the last few years, there have been numerous failed discussions to stage big boxing events in Dubai. In almost every scenario, the investors never pull the trigger or don't actually have the necessary funds.

Schaefer is also very skeptical when he receives offers to stage events in Dubai, but he indicates the people that he is dealing with are legit.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm expecting this Dubai 'interest' to be as pointless as it was all those other times.

Comment

Alexander must be ****ting his pants at the thought of impartial judges

Comment

Maybe they can build Bob Arum's stadium for this fight.

Comment

Alexander's hometown decisions rubbed a lot of boxing fans the wrong way.

I think a statement win on the road would be great for his career

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            Alexander's hometown decisions rubbed a lot of boxing fans the wrong way.

I think a statement win on the road would be great for his career
            agreed. Plus he beats Khan he might one day get a Mayweather shot. If he doesn't take this fight, no way he ever gets that opportunity.

Comment

Shocked he would come here during the middle of Ramadan

Comment

Originally posted by Macdivs1 View Post
                Alexander must be ****ting his pants at the thought of impartial judges
                Ya usually the impartial judges are on his side. He's fretting that there will be neutral judges for once.

Comment

Rooting for Khan the entire way. Please whoop on Alexander so we never have to hear from this schmuck ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    Rooting for Khan the entire way. Please whoop on Alexander so we never have to hear from this schmuck ever again.

I can understand some of the hate, but the guy I'd rather less hear from is the one that keeps losing or looking unimpressive against mediocre opposition, and still getting the opportunities. I'd rather not hear from him.

Comment

Working...
                    X