Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner will be the next fighter of the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it a coincidence that only blacks think this?

Ponce De Leon is my boy and all, but if he beats you, you're not the second coming...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
      is it a coincidence that only blacks think this?

Ponce De Leon is my boy and all, but if he beats you, you're not the second coming...
      whats worst, having a close fight with ponce or getting knocked out by sigsurant or torrecampo? seriously, i shouldnt have to explain these things to some of u. im not saying he is the next great one, but ur argument as to why he isnt is extremely flawed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluetech View Post
        you also dont know this. only time will tell. that was true before this era. lower weight fighters usually top off around 30 like nfl RBs but now with today advancements in maintaining a elite athlete you can see his career extending. Look at juan manuel marquez, manny pac still on top yet they are in their mid to late 30s. Even MAB and EM put up good fights in their 30s.

As for broner, he doesnt have the same background as floyd. Broner wasnt a olympic medalist, wasnt from a family of boxing royalty, broner wasnt a pampered and protected like a future star like floyd was wtih top rank.

Judging from how broner has been acting and he has yet to beat anybody noteworthy, and has yet to be paid like a star, it doesnt bode well for him to sustain such high excellence in order to win FOTD once he really starts getting paid and getting recognized.
        i kno i dont know it thats why i said i doubt it. truth is, i dont see donaire accomplishing what i thought he would anymore. i think hes gonna peak any time now.

as for broner, like i said, u can say all of that, and at the end of the day, u dont know. and sure floyd had a family name, but that family was also ****ed up and fragmented and hes not oiverly educated and he still made it big. i dunno what broner would do if he reaches that level of stardom, but u saying that he cant handle that fame is u guessing that u kno what type of person he is, u dont.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          whats worst, having a close fight with ponce or getting knocked out by sigsurant or torrecampo? seriously, i shouldnt have to explain these things to some of u. im not saying he is the next great one, but ur argument as to why he isnt is extremely flawed.
          Ponce > Sigsurant & Torrecampo combined

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
            is it a coincidence that only blacks think this?

Good thing he won then huh?

I'm confused at why people are saying he lost. Ya he gave Broner a tough fight, but no way did Broner lose. Close clear decision to Broner who landed the better shots.

Oh ya, and boxrec has a W by that fight for Broner.

I'm white.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluetech View Post
              LMFAAOOO...

Donaire already a 4 division champ and p4p top 10 all this decade has a better chance than broner. Andre Ward is off to a better start than broner also has a better chance than broner.
              His wins over Dachinyan and Mthlane were in 08 and 07. Still a good resume with wins over Montiel and Marquez but nothing that separates him from younger guys like Ward or Mares

Comment

• mark this thread

Comment

• My 2 cents. Broner Fighter of the Decade?

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Why would Broner be in Roach's gym? Doesn't he train in Ohio or some ****? And if he was and I was Roach I'd put him vs Pacquiao instead just cause he reminds you so much of Mayweather .
                    Link to article regarding Broner and Linares sparring: http://www.boxingscene.com/wild-card...er-more--41651

Comment

• Nah benavidez will rape him .

Reach jab , body work age

When your 17 sparring manny and khan you know your future is great .

It was ridiculous too see how many times broner got tagged by deleon whos slow and short .

Comment

Working...
                      X