Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You RESPECT Laila Ali's Boxing CAREER???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You RESPECT Laila Ali's Boxing CAREER???

Well do you?

Poll to come.

Discuss....
    Yes
    13.33%
    No
    86.67%

Other top women's boxing champions such as Ann Wolfe (24-1), Vonda Ward (23-1), Leatitia Robinson (15-2),[25] and Natascha Ragosina (22-0) have claimed in interviews that they have challenged Ali many times over the years, but Ali found ways of avoiding them. Boxing writers and fans have repeatedly expressed disappointment in Ali's perceived ducking the top contenders throughout her career.[26][27][28][29] However, Ali has contended that other boxers want unrealistic amounts of money and "play themselves right out of the deal" during negotiations intentionally because their names will have no value after they've fought Ali.[30]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laila_Ali

Comment

Nope she was all Hype, their was better female boxers then her by far but didnt get the shine cause they aint had the ali name.

Comment

Well, there are disputes over rather she fought the best available.

We all know she ducked Ann Wolfe, for that fight once the fight started to heat up and come in strong demand, Laila retired.

Lucia Rijker, was another dangerous opponent that she just happened to retire without fighting.
        Vonda Ward was another one.

Laila just cared about her O.

Comment

Yeah, she beat sum ok names in her time....ali/wolfe was equivalant to what martin/rijker, braukus/holm would have been.too bad none of these superfights never happened

Comment

Other than Mia St John, she has been the only female draw I've seen in my lifetime. Rousey dwarfs both of them in terms of drawing power for a female fighter though. Ali was way more of a hypejob than the other two though.

Comment

I really dont care!

Comment

gina carano would beat this fraud up.

Comment

Nope, she ducked Wolfe relentlessly.

I'd tap that boo-tay fo sho doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                    gina carano would beat this fraud up.
                    I think this goes back to the old MMA Vs Boxer thing.

Gina Carano of course would win, thats like saying

Thats like Saying Jose Aldo could beat Pacquaio or Floyd..like duh.

Comment

Working...
                    X