Reeds FNR4 Review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Reed. Getting it tomorrow.

Comment

I'm actually a gamer and was looking forward to this game. I have the 360 and the demo looks real good.

I have a few questions...

#1 - Are the rating systems fair and does one fighter have a major advantage over the other? For example, in the demo I thought it was kind of stupid Cotto was ranked higher than JCC....There were some others that didn't make sense.

#2 - Can you put your face on your fighter? My nephew was telling me this but I didn't fully understand it.

#3 - Is there a mode online where if you fight with your own created fighter, it allows you to fight other fighters of the same level? Meaning, in the last game you would jump in on line and some dude made some fighter that was maxed out in every category and you were only starting and you would get killed.

Thanks...

Comment

can u move down in weight rather than up? if i play with augustus i would much rather drop to LW right away and then come back to WW later. do u have to start at Lt.HW with roy and taylor for example? where they are rated at in the game, although they started at MW irl. is it true u can only go up one weightdivision? which means u cant recreate hearns' career at all. how is the punch output? can u still throw 100+ punches as a HW? can u still land like 90% of your punches? can u score 1 punch KOs? not hurting them with one punch and then finishing, but BOOM. one punch and dropping your oponent out of nowhere.

i know thats alot of questions but just chose one or two. thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
          I'm actually a gamer and was looking forward to this game. I have the 360 and the demo looks real good.

I have a few questions...

#1 - Are the rating systems fair and does one fighter have a major advantage over the other? For example, in the demo I thought it was kind of stupid Cotto was ranked higher than JCC....There were some others that didn't make sense.

#2 - Can you put your face on your fighter? My nephew was telling me this but I didn't fully understand it.

#3 - Is there a mode online where if you fight with your own created fighter, it allows you to fight other fighters of the same level? Meaning, in the last game you would jump in on line and some dude made some fighter that was maxed out in every category and you were only starting and you would get killed.

Thanks...
          1. I havent compared all of the ratings, some people will definitely disagree on one guy being better then another being we are comparing ATGS with current fighters... but it doesnt matter as much.. its all how you fight them... you can beat them if you fight the right fight...

2. Its called gameface I believe, you can import any picture into the game, and the computer dynamically wraps the picture around a 3d body... it looks amazing.. however i have not done it yet.

3. Havent played online.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            can u move down in weight rather than up? if i play with augustus i would much rather drop to LW right away and then come back to WW later. do u have to start at Lt.HW with roy and taylor for example? where they are rated at in the game, although they started at MW irl. is it true u can only go up one weightdivision? which means u cant recreate hearns' career at all. how is the punch output? can u still throw 100+ punches as a HW? can u still land like 90% of your punches? can u score 1 punch KOs? not hurting them with one punch and then finishing, but BOOM. one punch and dropping your oponent out of nowhere.

i know thats alot of questions but just chose one or two. thanks man.
            -Ive only had 5 pro fights, so i cant comment on how many times you can move up or move down

-You can throw as many punches as you want... however this game is all about stamina... so you may be winging punches, but after so many, they literally have no effect from punching yourself out.. and when your stamina is drained, you are WAY MORE susceptible to getting knocked out... and also countered from your slower punches... it pretty much takes volume punching out of the game for the most part... (for certain fighters)

You do not land 90%... you are lucky to land 60%, the opponents are much better at defense, the duck they parry they slip they counter.. punches glance depending how the opponent moves and when you punch

-Yes, I have been dropped by tyson with roy out of nowhere.. no stun mode... just DROPPED... it doesnt happen very often, but it is in the game.

Comment

do you have to use the analogs to throw punches or can you use triangle, square, circle and x? could never get used to the analog lat time.

Comment

Originally posted by Savino View Post
                do you have to use the analogs to throw punches or can you use triangle, square, circle and x? could never get used to the analog lat time.
                Buttons are gone 100%... you need to learn the sticks... practice them... start with throwing one punch consistently ... until you can master a second punch.

It may be easier, but total punch control is more dynamic... it may be harder, but it gives you more dimension IMO...

Just practice man... thats all it is.

Comment

thanks bro.. good info.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                    Buttons are gone 100%... you need to learn the sticks... practice them... start with throwing one punch consistently ... until you can master a second punch.

It may be easier, but total punch control is more dynamic... it may be harder, but it gives you more dimension IMO...

Thanks sir.

I am looking forward to buying it on Friday when it comes out. I'll probaly be on it all weekend tryin to master the art of it.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post

Hey Reed, thanks for the review! I got an email from Gamestation saying they've dispatched my game so hopefully I get it tomorrow! I wasn't excited about it after I played the demo but after reading your review it sounds awesome!

Do they have rankings with the good boxers at the top? In Round 2 I think they had rankings but there were always made up guys at the top of the rankings which was annoying and in Round 3 they never had rankings at all!

Comment

Working...
                      X