No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Credits Cesar Bazan Bout In Shaping His Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto Credits Cesar Bazan Bout In Shaping His Career

Miguel Cotto is heading into the stretch run in training camp for his November 21 blockbuster showdown versus Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez. The two will meet at a maximum catchweight of 155 lbs., with Cotto's World middleweight championship at stake in their HBO Pay-Per-View main event at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada.
    [Click Here To Read More]

cotto will have another huge victory nov 21 and all the haters will make a billion excuses

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
      cotto will have another huge victory nov 21 and all the haters will make a billion excuses
      It was plaster!!

Comment

Cotto shouldn't get credit as MW champ, he is a fraud

He runs around saying he isn't MW. He fights a injured title holder who himself ducked the real contenders.

Then Cotto goes around fighting drained MW Geale, while ducking his mandatory.

Unless Cotto beats GGG, very few actually see him as legit MW champ.

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
        Beating a weight Drained Canelo means little.

Canelo isn't ****. Dude is ranked what 14th on B/R P4P.

Fighting 1 pound above Jr.MW makes Cotto and Canelo frauds, plain and simple.

Everyone knows it.

Comment

Maybe I was being too optimistic but I was hoping there would be some reasons given or at least some kind of explanation. Cotto has never been the chatty type though so fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
            He runs around saying he isn't MW. He fights a injured title holder who himself ducked the real contenders.

Then Cotto goes around fighting drained MW Geale, while ducking his mandatory.

Unless Cotto beats GGG, very few actually see him as legit MW champ.

Beating a weight Drained Canelo means little.

Canelo isn't ****. Dude is ranked what 14th on B/R P4P.

Fighting 1 pound above Jr.MW makes Cotto and Canelo frauds, plain and simple.

Everyone knows it.
            Go back to your corner my young padawan, Youre grounded!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKh2rc_4KdE < watch this fight and enjoy the boxing skills at 140....

GGGboyfriend alert

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              Maybe I was being too optimistic but I was hoping there would be some reasons given or at least some kind of explanation. Cotto has never been the chatty type though so fair enough.
              Yeah are we supposed to just know how Bazan shaped his career? SMH.

Bazan was a damn good fighter in his prime. Probably taught Miguel a few tricks in there.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

Bazan was a damn good fighter in his prime. Probably taught Miguel a few tricks in there.

This is why I laugh at these new era fans that just recently started watching boxing. Their watching the tail end of a great fighter but can't appreciate him as a whole because they've never witnessed his career from the get. Too early for them. Pinto was my favorite not because of the title but because of the way Cotto stopped him avenging his Olympic loss in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
                  This is why I laugh at these new era fans that just recently started watching boxing. Their watching the tail end of a great fighter but can't appreciate him as a whole because they've never witnessed his career from the get. Too early for them. Pinto was my favorite not because of the title but because of the way Cotto stopped him avenging his Olympic loss in the process.
                  Pinto was a great performance although as a pro he never stoof a chance against Miguel. Cotto was on an excellent run back then. I was at the Garden when he outboxed and stopped Abdullaev. I was really surprised at how good his movement was (did not expect him to fight like that). Man looking at Cotto's run at 140...he beat a hell of a lot of fighters! No use arguing with people today since they won't recognize the names but that's a pretty solid run he had there.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

That and Cotto only had 13 pro fights when he fought Bazan.

Comment

Working...
                    X