No announcement yet.

Do You Support Abortion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Support Abortion?

I decided to make a thread about this topic, Its a poll mostly to gauge the view of the forum. You can just vote on the poll yes or no, Or if you its Yes but... or No but... feel free to clarify your stand in the thread.
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

only if the woman is a rape victim

Comment

There is no simple yes or no to abortion, there are many conditions to it

But under certain circumstances, yes i support it

Comment

I don't agree with someone who uses abortion as a form of birth control. There are so many ways to prevent unwanted pregnancies and no reason not to use them if you don't want to become pregnant.

But I do think that people have the right to choose what is best for them. No one should be able to make that choice for them. If they can live with their decision and the consequences that come with it, everyone else should mind their business.

Comment

I think whenever there is conflicting interest in this subject for each individual case it should be decided by a flip of the coin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy View Post
            I don't agree with someone who uses abortion as a form of birth control. There are so many ways to prevent unwanted pregnancies and no reason not to use them if you don't want to become pregnant.

But I do think that people have the right to choose what is best for them. No one should be able to make that choice for them. If they can live with their decision and the consequences that come with it, everyone else should mind their business.
            Do you think there should be a cut off time? For example when the fetus starts feeling pain, or should it be unrestricted?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingWizard27 View Post
              Do you think there should be a cut off time? For example when the fetus starts feeling pain, or should it be unrestricted?

There is a cut off time. At least in Canada there is. Unless it is an abortion for medical reasons. IE there is a severe developmental problem or the child will suffer post-natal. You cannot have an abortion here if you are passed 20 weeks gestation. I have seen and read things that say, if you are passed 20 weeks, you will be referred to the States as some doctors preform abortions passed that period.

From the FAQ sections on a women's health clinic in Canada:

I am at 18 weeks of gestation can you still help me?

Yes, we do abortions up until 20 weeks of gestation. If you are more than 20 weeks of gestation you can also give us a call because we can help refer you to the United States where in some states abortions are completed after this point depending on the medical circumstances.
              I have two children. I could never imagine having an abortion. It is something I personally couldn't live with.
              Last edited by Bossy; 05-14-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy View Post
                There is a cut off time. At least in Canada there is. Unless it is an abortion for medical reasons. IE there is a severe developmental problem or the child will suffer post-natal. You cannot have an abortion here if you are passed 20 weeks gestation. I have seen and read things that say, if you are passed 20 weeks, you will be referred to the States as some doctors preform abortions passed that period.

From the FAQ sections on a women's health clinic in Canada:

I have two children. I could never imagine having an abortion. It is something I personally couldn't live with.
                Ohhh ok

It must be on the premise that the fetus are believed to feel pain around that time. This is true for many states in the US

Comment

110%............

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingWizard27 View Post
                    Ohhh ok

It must be on the premise that the fetus are believed to feel pain around that time. This is true for many states in the US
                    I honestly don't know why they made that the 'cut off' point for abortion, probably because the fetus is larger by then as well. Also, around 20 weeks the fetus starts moving frequently and reacting to different things. (sounds, movements, even certain types of food)

I used to put headphones on my tummy and my little ones would kick. It was amazing because after birth, the same songs that I would play during pregnancy would put them right to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                    X