No announcement yet.

Better P4P Chin, Tyson or Pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better P4P Chin, Tyson or Pacman?

Two great fighters. How do you rate their chins?

Tyson. Doesn't matter how good the chin is in the hw division...anyone can go down. I've seen Tyson take some Canelo-Khan punches with full neck twist and all and stay in there.

Not just that but Tyson wasn't getting KOd like Pac was early on in their career.

No contest

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      Tyson. Doesn't matter how good the chin is in the hw division...anyone can go down. I've seen Tyson take some Canelo-Khan punches with full neck twist and all and stay in there.

Not just that but Tyson wasn't getting KOd like Pac was early on in their career.

No contest
      I don't think your second point holds much weight on account of Pacquiao's age in those fights. There are examples of young boxers starting out 'chinny' and later developing strong beards.

To make a pick, since Pacquiao did go out cold in atleast one fight in his prime I would have to go with Tyson. I think he's one of those guys who could be stopped but never really go unconcious.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
        I don't think your second point holds much weight on account of Pacquiao's age in those fights. There are examples of young boxers starting out 'chinny' and later developing strong beards.

To make a pick, since Pacquiao did go out cold in atleast one fight in his prime I would have to go with Tyson. I think he's one of those guys who could be stopped but never really go unconcious.
        Pacquiao didn't get knockout in his prime.His prime ended after the Margarito fight (Too much damage in his body after this fight). His one loss in his prime was against Morales. Tyson actually is the one who got knockout in his prime by Douglas.

To OP, I will pick Tyson only because he was fighting on Heavyweight and he was a small HW. A lot of his ko losses was during his past prime. And everyone knows, it's much more dangerous to fight in Heavyweight than any weightclass.

Both have very good chins.

Comment

Mike had to be hammered down. You could not get him out of there with one shot unless it was at the end of an extended beating. Mike's chin seems good enough for any era. But no one thinks his chin was as good as Holyfield's, do they? Or do they?

Comment

Originally posted by gamesworn View Post
            Pacquiao didn't get knockout in his prime.His prime ended after the Margarito fight (Too much damage in his body after this fight). His one loss in his prime was against Morales. Tyson actually is the one who got knockout in his prime by Douglas.

To OP, I will pick Tyson only because he was fighting on Heavyweight and he was a small HW. A lot of his ko losses was during his past prime. And everyone knows, it's much more dangerous to fight in Heavyweight than any weightclass.

Both have very good chins.
            I guess I meant Pacquiao's chin was prime. Or atleast I didn't see any 'chinny' signs from him before that fight. It was devastating on account of him launching himself into a bomb from JMM that he didn't see coming, I don't think his body would react differently to that in any other point of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
              Mike had to be hammered down. You could not get him out of there with one shot unless it was at the end of an extended beating. Mike's chin seems good enough for any era. But no one thinks his chin was as good as Holyfield's, do they? Or do they?
              Well it's close and they are similar in that they couldn't really go unconcious. Though I would say that I could never see Bert Cooper knock Tyson down like that no matter how hard he got hit.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                Well it's close and they are similar in that they couldn't really go unconcious. Though I would say that I could never see Bert Cooper knock Tyson down like that no matter how hard he got hit.
                Bert Cooper could hit pretty hard, don't you think? It can always be a balance shot.

Comment

Does anyone think Tyson could take his own punches, because Holy did take them?

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                    Bert Cooper could hit pretty hard, don't you think? It can always be a balance shot.
                    Sure but then I also remember that John Ruiz had a devastating knockdown on Evander as well. I could never see either of them knock Tyson down if they hit him with the same shots.

Comment

Working...
                    X